586,071 active members*
3,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Actually, the D is optional in Format 1... ... The H word is used for both tool length and tool comp.
    I dont know about all this FADAL stuff, but in FANUCLAND if you Leave out the H word out on a G43 ... The F WORD IS MANDATORY :nono:
    Wee aim to please ... You aim to ... PLEASE.

different
    ive always used radius comp on the fanuc and okuma control
    systems.

I would have to look at the code again.

Originally posted by Rekd
    Actually, the D is optional in Format 1...

'Rekd teh .02
    One program needed two diameter offsets for one tool. One for the inside and another for the outside cut. At first I used a D word for the second diameter. But for some reason it didn't work. So I substuted the H word. And it was just fine. The second length offset value was ignored and only the second diameter was activated. I will have to look at the code to see what it was I did. (Just as a precaution I have the operators place a correct TLO in the second offset anyway.)

I have not re-tested the problem, but I believe that if I use the D word in the same place I use the second H word, it would work there.

But this is what I believe here. The intial H word call sets the tool length and dia. A second H word call only sets the dia. If the alternet D word is place in the same block as the intial H word, only the intial H word dia will take affect. If the alternet D word is used later in the same block as the G41, then the new dia should take affect. By following the standard fromat G41 X0 D1

On the Haas mill I place the D word in the same block as the H word. And because it is modal it works at the time of the G41/G42 call. But the Haas mill more closly follows the Fanuc standard.

The standard for programming a G41 is to place the D word in the same block as the tool comp call. Like G41 X0 D1

I have even seen it done where the G41 is in a block by itself, and the next move block does the offset. The D word being called before the G41.

When in doubt, always follow the standard. On the Fadal using the standard Fanuc format for tool comp, will work in format 1.
    Safety - Quality - Production.

Just for the record:

ALL OF YOU ARE RIGTH!

Yes, the cnc industry does'nt have a "100% standard" of how to do things and that's why we find this "little" diferences between two machines, same brand, same model, same evrything, BUT, an m code over here, a g code ovether. and us, machinist end up pulling whatever hair we have left in our heads; until the boss calls the saleman and he tells him what to use. The explanation I was given once, is that sometimes it has to do with the control softwere versions. Go figures!!.
    The safe way to go(when not old format is available) is, to do a test cut about .125 deep in a piece of scrap or at the top of the part ( if possible ).And go from there.

Best Regards,

GOMEZ107

Last edited by Paul_S on 08-04-2003 at 10:48 PM

Why: Oh, I forgot to turn off the coolant
    LOL @ Paul! Good one!

'Rekd teh ROFLMAO
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: G41 and G42 How are works ?

In My Fanuc tool offsets list, my tool 5 radius data is stored in registry 035. would i call it like: T5 H1 G41 D35?

Page 2 of 2 12