586,094 active members*
3,971 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > cincinnati arrow drive issues

Unhappy cincinnati arrow drive issues

any help is vary much appreciated ,my problem is when i start the control on my arrow 500 with a2100 control a error mesage saying the drives have been shut down due to a overloaded axis motor ,it says to check the rotery axis drive ,if i unhook the drive it asks to install a loop back plug ,could any one help by explaining a loop back plug ,or if a axis motor has a reset or breaker i can reset ,thank you

hmmmm.... i never heard of an arrow with overload relay on a motor as this is normally handled in the drive itself. look for a thermal overload relay in series with your motor leads coming out of the drive? it may have a handle to push to reset it?

loop back plug is a thing you can use to bypass a feedback device. not sure why ur cnc would be asking for it either.... sounds almost like you have turned on the 4rth axis option and dont have one maybe?

all this is far out guessing.....

On the servo card (DV5), axis 5, you should have a loop back plug. It's a DB15 connector just like the video cable from a computer monitor but with no wires coming out of it. Inside you'll find a bunch of jumpers connecting various pins. I made my own copy for a machine that needed one. The only overload in the area is OL1 which feeds the regen resistor in the box on top of the control cabinet.

axis overload

hello
    what schematic drawing is your machine wired to?
    youll find the number on the silver label on the outside of the electrical cabinet - it starts 9120****.
    regards
    Mallardfizz