586,089 active members*
3,888 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Sharp CNC > Anyone using a touch probe on an SV-2412?

Anyone using a touch probe on an SV-2412?

I'm having some issues trying to get a renishaw touch probe interfaced to my SV-2412.

According to the wiring diagram that came with the machine, the skip signal X4.7 should be wired to the XC1 breakout board - terminal 33.

Looking at the Fanuc connection manual, it looks like this pin would require a +24V input. I have tried connecting 24 volts from pin 48 to pin 33 with a push button switch, but i don't see any change on the diagnostic screen for the address X4.7. I'm wondering if this is because the X4.7 pin can be high or low (according to the attached pic), depending on whether the COM4 pin CB106(A14) is high or low. I can't seem to find this pin to determine if it is even connected!

Is anyone using here using one on their machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fanuc_connec.jpg   pinout.jpg  

I took a look through the ladder logic on my machine today and i can't find the SKIP signal (X4.7) anywhere. I would have thought that all SV-2412's would have shipped with the ladder programmed for the SKIP signal even if the Renishaw part probe/tool setter wasn't ordered.

Then again, they could be using the high speed skip signal for the probe/tool setter which as i understand it doesn't need the ladder logic. Not 100% sure how to hook this up either. I'd be really interested to get some input from anyone using a probe on these machines.