Folks,
I got a KM3 from work a few months ago and finally got around to trying to power it up. I wanted to find out what works and what doesn't before I went too far.

So far I've separated the control power from the spindle power so I can power up the electronics separately. I'm feeding it 120VAC and the results are:

1. Solenoid activates on the control cabinet interlock to lock the door.
2. Only three LEDs turn on inside the control cabinet. They're +/-12V and XFMR, all on the Fault/Logic board. No other lights are on, anywhere.
3. Nothing comes on at the console. No screens, LEDs, not even the internal fan.
4. One of the card cage fans and the power amp cooling fan doesn't come on. It looks like they're gummed up by coolant mist mixed with dust.

The controller is an Ultimax II. The machine has 10,000 hours on it and has never cut metal. It's has only cut glass, granite, and plastic - it was in an optics shop. They did some work on the spindle bearings a few years back. Other than that, I don't have much history on it.

From what I've read on the forum so far, things that need to be done for starters are:

1. Clean all of the crud off of the boards. There's plenty.
2. Clean and reseat the connectors.
3. Reseat all of the ICs on the PCBs.
4. Replace the Dallas chips.

I've got new memory chips and batteries but I'd like to wait until I've verified there's no critical parameters left in memory to recover, however, I may have to replace them to even get this running.

Any other suggestions as to what else to do with this machine? I'd like to get it running as opposed to scrapping it.

rayb