586,103 active members*
3,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > v24 - Problem verifying tool path

v24 - Problem verifying tool path

I'm using V24 mil pro - I have my part and milling operations, and am able to generate a toolpath and run it through the post to get G code that looks reasonable.

If I right click 'Milling Stock' and select 'Verify', I was hoping to get the toolpath verification, but I get an error dialog

'No data to verify !'

What am I doing wrong? The G code looks reasonable if I run 'compute all toolpaths' and 'Post and save as'.

Thanks in advance,
    h

Path

The path in the program properties is incorrect. Apparently they have a build that the default is incorrect. I had the exact same issue. Do this:

On the menu:
    Click Preferences
    Click Settings Default
    Left side:
    Click Directories

One of those directory paths will be incorrect. I think it was the Project path.

Jeff

Bout forgot... After I fixed that the verify would open w/o error, but still wouldn't actually verify anything. I had to get support on to find out that another issue that build I was using had... Verify wasn't even included in it... I'd guess you might have the same issue as well. Might need to call them or find a working download and reinstall.

Jeff

Thanks for the help!

Yes, I change the path (not sure if I picked an appropriate one) and now verify shows, but I have only the window, with buttons, no part.

I'll call them monday.

My experience

The support answer was:"
    you can enlarge the resolution on your computer to see all of bobcad on your screen. see your windows operators manual to change resolution.
    Predator is part of the standard Bobcad v24. It runs the verify, right click milling or turning stock in the cam tree manager and select Verify. Once you are satisfied with the operation you may post the program, right click on the program in the cam tree manager and select Edit CNC and the Predator Editor will open. Both of these feature are part of Predator virtual and Cnc Editors."
    I did it but nothing runs......I POSEd A NEW QUESTION AND THE ANSWER WAS:
    "As for the edit cnc you will not be able to backplot because you do not have level 2 for the editor. if you would like a quote on it you can contact the sales department.If you need anything else let us know."
    I hope it helps