Hi all, this is my first post. It is primarily aimed at memoryman whose excellent advice I followed from a thread dating back to Nov 2009. I have a Kuraki HMC twin pallet with a Fanuc 15 MA, with the 9" crt. The batteries went flat but I have loaded all the options, timers etc and all the parameters. The machine is running fine, EXCEPT the screen has certain areas that depending on the screen selected, certain information is missing. For example none of the soft key labels (program, position etc) are displayed unless that soft key is pressed. The control will then go to the screen selected but it makes selecting it, a hit and miss affair. Also when data is to be written, as you type nothing shows at the bottom, you then press enter followed by the LH soft key (Exec) and the line then shows at the top in front of the % sign. When in the setting screen, the column TV check, punch code, input unit etc is not there but the actual switches (0=OFF 1=ON) are there! Also none of the parameter descriptions are displayed.
Also I am unable to access the PUNCH and READ softkeys, which makes loading programs very time consuming! Has anyone had a problem like this? Could it be a corrupt bubble memory? It has our local Fanuc agent in Johannesburg stumped. They say we must live with it!!!!!!!!!