586,076 active members*
3,873 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Gain adgustment with oscilloscope (MSD Panasonic servodriver)

Question Gain adgustment with oscilloscope (MSD Panasonic servodriver)

I use MSD Minas servo driver and MSM servo motors. The manual to the servo motor is written how to measure and adjust the gain

But when I connect the test leads from the oscilloscope to the connectors SP and G a servo driver - on the oscilloscope is not written or anything. I was expecting to see de sine signal which the driver sends to the motor.

Maybe I did not put some parameter of driver setup?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1357255.jpg   oscil0166402.jpg  

Servo Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Nikomas View Post
    I use MSD Minas servo driver and MSM servo motors. The manual to the servo motor is written how to measure and adjust the gain

But when I connect the test leads from the oscilloscope to the connectors SP and G a servo driver - on the oscilloscope is not written or anything. I was expecting to see de sine signal which the driver sends to the motor.

Maybe I did not put some parameter of driver setup?

Thanks in advance
    Your motor needs to be running. What software are you using to command the servo to move, MACH 3, EMC2 ? In other words, your motion control software will command the servo to move to a specific position. The actual position will be compared to the commanded position plus several other variables. You should then see a trace, if your oscilloscope is connected correctly. Actual pictures of your setup would be more helpful.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Man View Post
    Your motor needs to be running. What software are you using to command the servo to move, MACH 3, EMC2 ? In other words, your motion control software will command the servo to move to a specific position. The actual position will be compared to the commanded position plus several other variables. You should then see a trace, if your oscilloscope is connected correctly. Actual pictures of your setup would be more helpful.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man
    Of course, I measured the output signal to the motor is will be running. I entered the driver signal from a digital oscillator. But the oscilloscope does not display anything. I think it is necessary to change some parameter of the driver, but I do not know what parameter will be change.

How to Adjust Gain Manually

Quote Originally Posted by Nikomas View Post
    Of course, I measured the output signal to the motor is will be running. I entered the driver signal from a digital oscillator. But the oscilloscope does not display anything. I think it is necessary to change some parameter of the driver, but I do not know what parameter will be change.
    Are you following these procedures:

How to Adjust Gain Manually
    Before Adjustment

You may adjust the gains by viewing or hearing the motions and sound of the machine during operation. But, to adjust the gains more quickly and precisely, you can obtain quicker and secure adjustment by analog wave form monitoring.
    1. Using the analogue monitor output You can measure the actual motor speed, commanded speed, torque, position error in analog voltage level with an oscilloscope. To do this, it is necessary to specify the types of output signals and output voltage level by using Pr07 (Velocity monitor selection), Pr08 (Torque monitor selection). For details, see "CN I/F Connector" in the main 􀀀part of this manual, and "Details of Parameters" in Appendix.

Iron-Man