586,058 active members*
4,023 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Any news on the 2011 release

I have been sitting on the edge of my seat after reading about all the features in 2011 and cannot wait to try it. Just curious if any one on this forum has the release date?

It's already released to the resellers and has been for about 4 weeks. SP1 is due out any day now.

I spoke to my reseller and Brakeman Bob is correct that SP1 is due out any day now. They said they are doing a phased rollout to existing customers once SP1 is released, but any customers can call their reseller and get the update right away if they wish.

That seems odd to me, we are on maint. and have not heard anything from our VAR regarding the release. This is our first year with SC and assumed they would have it on their site for download.

Yeah anyday now, how many times have I heard that? Actually I just heard it today! Asked how everyone seems to be running 2011 already online who just bought the software and why it's not available to existing users...answers it's so unstable that we stopped the release but any day now sp1 will be released...yeah right! really pushing my patience

SP1 is available now. I have downloaded it and will be installing soon. Keep your fingers crossed.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brakeman Bob View Post
    SP1 is available now. I have downloaded it and will be installing soon. Keep your fingers crossed.....
    What site are you getting it from? I am logged into Solidcam.com and only see 2010 SP3

Just a got an email from SC tech support and their tentative date is June 30th. Myself I prefer a delayed roll out to make sure it is a fully tested nearly bug free version, that is why we switched from MasterBug a/k/a MasterCrap X3. I am just so excited, Solidcam has been performing so well I cannot wait, kinda like Christmas morning all over again.

June 30th has come and gone...the wait continues...

Quote Originally Posted by hansdie View Post
    June 30th has come and gone...the wait continues...
    Oddly enough I logged in this morning to check on it. Its better to have a solid version than send crap out the door.

The 2011 release is up on their site, I actually got it last week and did not get a chance to install it until tonite. So far so good! Changes that been encountered while doing a quick and simple test part have a very positive response. It upgraded smoothly because their instructions are clear. Wish I had the Imachining license

Quote Originally Posted by foxsquirrel View Post
    The 2011 release is up on their site, I actually got it last week and did not get a chance to install it until tonite. So far so good! Changes that been encountered while doing a quick and simple test part have a very positive response. It upgraded smoothly because their instructions are clear. Wish I had the Imachining license
    Give them a call and get a demo key for the I-machining. It will be time based like 1week or something like that but I know they give them out readily so people can try before you buy.

Smile

Be warned that if you 'try' you will want to buy!!

That's what I am afraid of happening. We spoke the other with SC tech support and he offered a temp license for a demo. It looks we are nearing the lower inflection point of the double dip so maybe mid/late 2012 on the upside I'll pull the trigger and get it. After watching several videos and evaluating the tooling marks it looks like a slam dunk sale, just need the economy to ramp up.