586,115 active members*
3,490 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Question on heat generation on g0704 cnc

Question on heat generation on g0704 cnc

I,am building a G0704 like alot of you guys.I have a friend that had some conserns about high heat in the control cabinet.First I guess you need to know my setup.I,am using Keling hoss heavy duty setup.It is kl6050 drives on x&y with nema 23 570 in/oz motors,kl8060 with nema 34 960in/oz on z.the drives are mounted on a 1/8 in alum plate on standoffs also alum.I have a 12v fan mounted on right side of the cabinet with exit hole of same size on left side of cabinet[dont know the cfm on the fan but it blows pretty hard.Power supply is kl600-48 48v,c-10 bob plus the standard array of breakers,din rail power distro and 120v control relay.I,am not the electrical guru by any means!But my friend is MIT GRAD.And he is concerned about heat build up with all 3 drivers running at the same time?Any one have heat problems?Thanks guys for all your help I dont think I could do it with out your wisdom.Dave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shop 001.jpg   shop 002.jpg   shop 022.jpg  

I have not found them to get extremely hot even in heavy operation. I would think a normal PC fan would be plenty to handle the internal heat. The heat-sinks on the Keling drivers are huge and have never been more than warm to the touch for me driving 4.5A through them. To me that power supply is the warmest, so if you can arrange to have it's exhaust fan blowing out of the enclosure that should mitigate a lot of the heat right there.
    CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

Thanks for the heads up.Also I got the prints for the DRO mount to load on the viewer now to learn my way around solidedge.Thanks much Dave Mcadams.

My electronics are nearly identical. I have not installed the planned fan yet. With the exception of one 1" hole, there is no ventilation. I have run a 4.5 hour job twice. Both times I pulled the lid after the fact checking for hot spots. The air was warm, but nothing in the box was warm enough to be concerning. The fan will be installed when I get time. I think your setup will work wonderfully.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i would be more worried about the spindle motor and control not the drive.