587,008 active members*
3,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: Which one would you buy??

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mori Seiki NL3000/700

375 77.80%
  • Doosan Puma 300LC

107 22.20%
Page 1 of 2 12

Mori Seiki Vs. Doosan

Hello all, Sorry to post another thread like this but my company has narrowed our choices on a new lathe down to a Mori Seiki NL3000/700 or a Doosan Puma 300LC. The Mori is $8,550 more than the Doosan. The Mori also has a two year warranty on the machine and controller The Doosan has a one year warranty. Both machines are quoted with the same options.

Quote Originally Posted by jwebb View Post
    The Mori is $8,550 more than the Doosan. The Mori also has a two year warranty on the machine and controller The Doosan has a one year warranty. Both machines are quoted with the same options.
    Kinda answered your own question there, don't you think? The exact same options and one is advertised as more, what comes to mind? Paint job? Mori is opinionably the best MTM in the world. This would be more insightful if the question were Mori Vs Okuma. But as Deuce Vs Mori it is obvious. IMO

My 2¢

Robert
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

Amazed that this is even a question. Seriously. There is no question. Mori.

Friend of mine bought a Puma, it crashed, and the factory never could get the turret re-aligned. Sold the machine.

Based on his experience, we bought a used Mazak chucker, and have been happy with it. For the money? I'd buy the Mori. Great machines, and I like the people too.

So we are talking about less than an 8% difference. You would crazy not to go with the Mori. If it was 20%, then maybe.

Mori vs Doosan

I own several Doosan Machines and love them. Great machines. We also have a terrific dealer here.

However, for the small difference and extra year of warranty....ya gotta go Mori.

Not even a question in my opinion.

Good luck...really you will be happy with either machine, but you will be happy longer with mori.

One word........mori

Cool

my personal experience would definitely say buy mori, but it depends on the operation needed to run. the shop I work in has moris exclusively until a few months ago,when the plant manager decided to "try" Johnford. The mill machines are good but the lathes are slower then the mori lathes, less beefy then the mori,but they were about 100k less than mori. keep in mind of the programming aspect too, johnford doesn't read or use radius comp codes, doesn't have load monitors(at least the same as the mori). So if you are used to a certain brand stay with it!!

We have a Mori at work and I can tell you it is one durable machine. There was a bit of a learning curve when we got it and I cant even remember how many boring bars I have crashed into the spindle, and it took it like a champ. I have no experience with Doosan so i cant comment on it at all, but I can tell you MS makes a high quality production lathe. In fact, in the last 3 days(24hr. production) the only maintenance I have done to it is add bleach to the coolant to kill the rotten smell.....haha it needed to be replaced like a month ago!

Quote Originally Posted by InKdigger View Post
    We have a Mori at work and I can tell you it is one durable machine. There was a bit of a learning curve when we got it and I cant even remember how many boring bars I have crashed into the turret, and it took it like a champ. I have no experience with Doosan so i cant comment on it at all, but I can tell you MS makes a high quality production lathe. In fact, in the last 3 days(24hr. production) the only maintenance I have done to it is add bleach to the coolant to kill the rotten smell.....haha it needed to be replaced like a month ago!
    While I feel your pain with bad coolant, be careful with bleach! It can cause rust and eat the crap out of the wipers. A little goes a long long way...

Mori vs. Doosan

In my mind, there is no comparison. Mori by far makes the most superior machine on the market...If you can afford the price, BUY IT!

I need a used cnc lathe..what do I buy?

I need to buy a lathe 8"-10", 2"-2.5" thru-hole. I need to buy under $30k so understand I might be in the 1993-1998 range. What is the best machine in this price range you would recommend? SL25MC, Mazak QT15M, Okuma? I'm stuck..If it were new, it would be a Mori, but $$$ are guiding me..I need accuracy and reliability.

Red face Need help

Need help. what is code error
    "(109) deviation error in y axis at speed 3018"
    "(109) deviation error in x axis at speed 0"
    "(109) deviation error in y axis at speed 2231"

Doosan machine make me get much productivity!
    reasonalbe price with good quility is the best fact for us : )

Mori...No question.

Cool

Any machine tool purchase should not be made on price alone. Look seriously at the service department of who ever you buy from. Any machine tool is only as good as the people supporting it. If the dealer cannot support you it doesn't matter what you buy you lose!!

MORI...!!

Service and Support are Key

Quote Originally Posted by murray911 View Post
    Any machine tool purchase should not be made on price alone. Look seriously at the service department of who ever you buy from. Any machine tool is only as good as the people supporting it. If the dealer cannot support you it doesn't matter what you buy you lose!!
    This is a very true statement. You always need to look at availability of parts and service support. Also look at the regional office support from the manufacture.

we have hass cnc´s are they any good?

I like moriseiki the best !!!

Page 1 of 2 12