586,108 active members*
3,293 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > Need Mastercam V9.1 post processor for Fadal VMC

Cool Need Mastercam V9.1 post processor for Fadal VMC

Need Mastercam V9.1 post processor for Fadal VMC 3 axis. Someone has got to have one. Unfortunately I can not find one anywhere on the Web. Please post one if you have one. Thanks, Joe

no one will just give you a post nor will they just post one for anyone to have.the reasson being is most of us either worked very hard to edit one or create one or have paid to have one created which is not cheap.if you have specific questions on editing a post someone on here will most likely be willing to help you do that.

yeah but why is it so easy to find free mastercam x posts on the web and impossible to find v9 posts. Why would anyone pay for a post on x when there are so many generic post already out there. Even if it isn't perfectly taylored to a specific machine, it takes only a couple of minutes to a edit the Gcode to work properly on a machine. I would just be happy to find a generic post and I can just edit the Gcode myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    yeah but why is it so easy to find free mastercam x posts on the web and impossible to find v9 posts. Why would anyone pay for a post on x when there are so many generic post already out there. Even if it isn't perfectly taylored to a specific machine, it takes only a couple of minutes to a edit the Gcode to work properly on a machine. I would just be happy to find a generic post and I can just edit the Gcode myself.
    good now get to work stop asking.(chair)
    The best way to learn is trial error.

there are generic posts included with the software that you can edit yourself.the only way these arent availible is if you are using a pirated version of the software.BTW if you are using pirated software it is illegal.FYI.

I can edit g code fine but I don't have a clue about editing a post. Does anyone know where I can get info on how to edit one. I don't want to do trial and error, I don't want to guess and mess anything up.

There are 2 Fadal posts included with Mcam9.
    MPFADAL1 and MPFADAL2.
    They are for format 1 and 2 respectively.
    I strongly recommend you change the machine parameters to use format 2 as the machine behaves differently.
    IMO format 1 is unsafe as it makes the machine move to the home position at the beginning and end of the program and at every tool change.
    Trust me on this.
    Format 2 also uses a Fanuc style macro language where format 1 has a macro language that is really tough to learn.
    You can install them from the Mcam disk with the post processors button.
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

you can get help on editing a post in the help section of the software.btw r u using a legal version with a hasp?

What size Fadal and which control do you have?
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

thanks for the help guys, Our senior machinist set it up. He had it buried in a folder that I couldn't find. Not sure why but it works Great!

Thanks