586,269 active members*
3,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Thinking about buying Bob Cad
Page 5 of 5 345
    It sure took a bit of time to read all of this.If I was typing all of these posts,we are talking a days work at my slow typing speed.Any how it is a little dissappointing after the lengthy read,that no one has presented any kind of a file,at all,that we may look at,possibly help with,or have someone teach most of us something that would be good to know.For what it is worth,I have had problems in past with toolpaths going too deep,but I figured out what I was not doing right.However I do not use 3d paths too often,so its possible there are other issues I am not aware of.But man,give up a file with this bug,then Burr will more than likely help us all in our knowledge of the software.Or perhaps,if he cannot,he will then say we got a bug.Got to produce the buggy file,not a picture,for Burr to work with.

I think you nailed it there jrmach. I understand the NDA thing but it's tough to provide help or get help if you have the noose of an NDA around your neck.

Live Demo of BobCad Cam V24

If you are interested in learning more about our version 24 BobCad Cam software, call me today to set up an online demo. We are very proud of our software and will show you the ease of use and its feature rich applications.

Joseph Schafer
    BobCad Cam
    877-262-2231 x157
    [email protected]

I've been using V23 for a couple of years now, both lathe and mill. Compared to Mastercam I see no difference in functionality. I can afford Bobcad, I don't want to have to afford Mastercam. For me at least, any of this software can be frustrating. Bobcad's Video Professor CDs answer at least 99% of my questions. Everyone I've dealt with at Bobcad has been friendly and helpful.
    I went to Sorin Nenu's class when I first got the software. Money very well spent. I have no association with the company other than that as a satisfied customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jschafer View Post
    If you are interested in learning more about our version 24 BobCad Cam software, call me today to set up an online demo. We are very proud of our software and will show you the ease of use and its feature rich applications.

Joseph Schafer
    BobCad Cam
    877-262-2231 x157
    [email protected]
    How about getting my some help with my problem??

Quote Originally Posted by jharvey407 View Post
    How about getting my some help with my problem??
    Why are you re-hashing this in the "thinking about buying BobCad" thread... His email is clearly listed there.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Why are you re-hashing this in the "thinking about buying BobCad" thread... His email is clearly listed there.
    Because I have already sent the file to BobCAD twice, as well as spoke to one of the sales people about it, and left at least one voice mail, with no response.

Now that I know someone from BobCAD is reading this thread I thought I would try once more to get some help from BobCAD.

Why do you care?

Because I have already sent the file to BobCAD twice, as well as spoke to one of the sales people about it, and left at least one voice mail, with no response.

Now that I know someone from BobCAD is reading this thread I thought I would try once more to get some help from BobCAD.
    Now after reading this and the post you just made in the thread you started for your issue, I see you are just intending on "slinging mud" as you put it....
    The guy's personal email was listed in his post.

Why do you care?
    I was just double checking on what your agenda was.. Now I'm sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Jschafer View Post

Joseph Schafer
    BobCad Cam
    877-262-2231 x157
    [email protected]
    Joseph,

What is the best way for me to get some help with my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Now after reading this and the post you just made in the thread you started for your issue, I see you are just intending on "slinging mud" as you put it....
    The guy's personal email was listed in his post.

I was just double checking on what your agenda was.. Now I'm sure...
    I don't understand why you constantly attack people with these contentious posts.

I simply asked 'How about some help with my problem?' and you attack me as if I am being unreasonable.

My agenda is simple. I have a problem getting BobCAD to work properly and I am looking for help.

could you not simply edit the depths in the g code for now until you figure out what you are doing wrong
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Quote Originally Posted by dertsap View Post
    could you not simply edit the depths in the g code for now until you figure out what you are doing wrong
    I've actually considered that, but the g-code file is quite lengthy and it would take an enormous amount of time to edit it manually.

McPhill offered a reasonable work around that I am using for now.

Don't Buy BobCad

Hi,
    I have been using BobCad since V22, (I have V22, V23 and V24), and I wont be buying any more versions.
    Bobcad is an OK Cad-Cam program, but BobCad people mess you around, all the time from sales people that tell you it will do everything that it won't really do, to the software upgrades that often make things worse.
    Lst straw for me was the removing of the DONGLE option.
    V22 and V23, used a DONGLE to make the software run in full mode, this allowed you to down load the software for use at home, or work place, even at a customers workplace, plug in the DONGLE and run the program, when you had done you just removed the DONGLE, and the software would only work in DEMO mode for anyone else, with the save options disabled, thus making the software very versertile.
    But V24 canged all this making you get a registration code fixing the software to just one PC or Laptop, when you PC crashes if you loose the hard drive info, you loose the software and need to pay full price for it again. Also you now would need to Buy a copy for home, and work, (maybe more than one copy for work now), you could deregister the software and put it on another PC, but this takes days to arrange and then more days to re-register the software again.
    So BobCad, NO THANKYOU

Quote Originally Posted by Gmaan View Post
    It is a fairly good software?
    Is it pretty easy to learn?
    what are your thought?
    Dont........ after many years of use starting with v17 ( currently on 23) i concluded that it is absolutely not worth the time.

In my opinion.... i should've spent the money on a real and stable system like MasterCam - unfortunately was sold on the idea this will work sufficiently considering the limited requirements for CAM-ing i have.

It locks loading, behaves oddly without any reasonable pattern, basic milling operations don't perform ... well... basic,

It is priced right - that is the initial impression - after years of use you would notice that you end up with far too many problems in turn costing you far more money.

Peter

P.S. I still haven't resolved the issue with v23 not loading the same file at 9AM , but locking trying to open it at 9:15 AM
    Customer service hasn't been helpful.... i've stopped calling them some time ago

bobcad

I use v23 bulid 1493 everyday .Works well for me.v22 was a differnt story.I wont upgrade to v24 untill it can do open 2d pockets and print good set up sheets.Sales have only called me once trying to sell me v-24.I never get the sales issues that i hear about.

no response

Why do you care?
    Someone from BobCAD Just read this!

OK, please email me your issue directly. [email protected]
    Indicate in the email this is a cnc zone post. I will look at the issue and reply.

For future reference You may find more help on the BobCAD-CAM forum if your having a problem. If you have support call 727-489-0003 If not the forum is free and monitored by BobCAD , this forum is not monitored as closely as our own.

Page 5 of 5 345