586,728 active members*
3,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > screen shot to email using x5

screen shot to email using x5

I am trying to take a screen shot of a part i got modeled and add to a email to my client. I go to screen, copy image to clipboard, then esc to copy whole screen. when I go to the email and try to add the screen shot from the clip board it comes up blank on the email with the little squares where the image fits into. This happens using ctrl v and also paste. i have done this several times using version 9 and have done it once or twice in x4 with no problems. my email is microsoft outlook express can anyone tell me where the problem is thanks in advance
    BE NICE TO THE NERDS IN SCHOOL. THEY ONE DAY MAY BE YOUR BOSS

if you have X4 why are you doing it V9?
    I don't have v9 loaded on any of my local box's I keep for getting to install it on a XP backup box. it is hard these days to remember all the stuff I used to know off the top my head when came to supporting V9.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    if you have X4 why are you doing it V9?
    I don't have v9 loaded on any of my local box's I keep for getting to install it on a XP backup box. it is hard these days to remember all the stuff I used to know off the top my head when came to supporting V9.

Im using x5 I stated that I had done this several times in 9 and in x4. I cant get x5 to do the screen shot

Ok well I just tested it and you are correct and I am running MU1 in Win7 and it will not give an image. the X+ setup sheet free add-on has the option and that works great. I will send an email to QC after I check on another box of mind. what is your OS?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Are you using Win7 I am finding this has been showing up as an issue. you have a few option one is built into Win7 being the Snip it tool now included in win7 or you can download the free verisurf or X+ add-on's that have tools for this that work in Win7

QC is aware of the issue with Win7. hope to see it fixed in the next beta of X6
    Cadcam

yes i am running windows 7 professional I wonder if I used the xp part of 7 if it would work

I would review the free options Like the Verisurf add-on.instead of re-installing under XP mode.
    Go here and get the Add-on Verisurf Free Tools - eMastercam.com
    Cadcam

Quote Originally Posted by beekeeper View Post
    I am trying to take a screen shot of a part i got modeled and add to a email to my client. I go to screen, copy image to clipboard, then esc to copy whole screen. when I go to the email and try to add the screen shot from the clip board it comes up blank on the email with the little squares where the image fits into. This happens using ctrl v and also paste. i have done this several times using version 9 and have done it once or twice in x4 with no problems. my email is microsoft outlook express can anyone tell me where the problem is thanks in advance
    It's a little lazy but i do it a lot.

Set the screen just how you want it to appear on the email. Hit the print screen key. Open a new email. Click in the body - right click and hit paste.

John