586,070 active members*
3,531 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TTS Adapter Collars

Here are some TTS style adapter collars I made this morning. They are modified 6435K16 collars from McMaster and appear to work really well. Cost around $2.00 each and a few minutes time with the lathe.

Robert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Img_0510_rs.jpg  

Nice Robert !!
    Thanks for the part # Looks like a pretty handy thing to have on hand . I will include a few the next time I order from them.

Scott
    www.sdmfabricating.com

Appreciate the comment Scott... Hope it is helpful in some way.

Robert

That's great, thanks for sharing. I assume you cannot use them at high rpm right?

The Tormach std spindle is not really what I would call high speed. I don't see much difference between these and the TTS end mill holders as neither are balanced.

You are correct, I would not use them or the TTS EM holders in say a 10k+ spindle with out being balanced. One needs to use common sense in these matters.

Robert

Actually, I have used some TTS endmill holders at 10000rpm with my 770 with no issue. I doubt that these collars would break at 10000rpm but it would vibrate badly enough to make it worthless at these speed. Still very useful for bigger and slower tool.

Quote Originally Posted by RTP_Burnsville View Post
    The Tormach std spindle is not really what I would call high speed. I don't see much difference between these and the TTS end mill holders as neither are balanced.

You are correct, I would not use them or the TTS EM holders in say a 10k+ spindle with out being balanced. One needs to use common sense in these matters.

Robert

Did I read somewhere that Tormach could supply balanced TTS for use in the 770?

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by concombrefrais View Post
    Actually, I have used some TTS endmill holders at 10000rpm with my 770 with no issue. I doubt that these collars would break at 10000rpm but it would vibrate badly enough to make it worthless at these speed. Still very useful for bigger and slower tool.