586,633 active members*
3,041 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > 2d part on tormach 1100 with spurt cam

2d part on tormach 1100 with spurt cam

I just got a tormach 1100. I am trying to cut out a completely 2d part. I cannot seem to find a tutorial that covers what needs to be done in sprutcam to set the part up. Does anyone have any information or a good tutorial?
    Again this is a completely flat 2d part.

Did you check out the videos Eric at Tormach has done? He has covered several items in enough detail to get you going.

David in the UK also has some videos for a nominal charge.

The manual with SC has also greatly improved from a few years back when there basically wasn't one. If you have a specific question you could ask that and someone here usually can answer.

Robert

What kind of file are you starting with? If DXF, import it and use 2D contouring opp.

David

Finishing-2D countouring. Pick you profile curve. Make sure you get you offsets correct. Really simple, I use this feature a lot.
    RAD. Yes those are my initials. Idea, design, build, use. It never ends.
    PCNC1100 Series II, w/S3 upgrade, PDB, ATC & 4th's, PCNC1100 Series II, 4th

Ok thanks for your help. Figured out 2d contouring. Now I have a few more questions. I am making a small flange test part just a circle with a bolt hole pattern. I simulated it and sprit cam has it mounted in thy additional axis attachment. How do I set it where it's
    Just mounted in a vice on the table. Second I can't figure out how to reference the tool location. How do I tell it where to start from. Third I can't figure out how to adjust the drilling depth. It just drills a little bit into the plastic.
    Thanks for any help,
    Zach

It keeps wanting to use this rotary table. I disabled the extra axises and it keeps the part chucked up in the rotary table . What do I have to do to disable all the extra axises and just clamp the thing to the table.