586,075 active members*
3,832 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    If your friend is also from Canada and he/she is the only sponsor from Canada in the top 10 then they already know that someone is going to review their product and support assuming they read your post, which I am sure they will.

This will be interesting on how it turns out.

Ultra early bird 10 unit.???
    Rodney , Cape Town , South Africa
    www.tokerbros.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by lovebugjunkie View Post
    If your friend is also from Canada and he/she is the only sponsor from Canada in the top 10 then they already know that someone is going to review their product and support assuming they read your post, which I am sure they will.

This will be interesting on how it turns out.
    Well, I was afraid a bit about this at first to interfere with the review... But since it already in the early unit production, it should be shipped quickly no matter what. Also, I would imagine the first few unit will get a more details attention anyway. But early unit always have potential of issues especially related to packaging, and there isn't much they can do about it that wont show up to other. We heard of no one using that model yet, so it new for everyone. Only thing we know right now is the documented full spectrum service and the china modified model issues. So there isn't much they can do to try to make it better before shipping except adding LED in front and giving it a good shine It could be the reverse, and be more at risk to get a crappy unit since they don't seem to care much about people opinion (I hope my opinion on this will change though). In the end, I'm not the final user of this unit, so I don't really care how good it is at this point, but hope it good since I got free laser time afterward

So anything additional they include will be written in the review, so if they put more because of this, you will know and will just cause them more issues from people asking why they didn't get what I got and I'll update the view with it... Except I do expect some Kickstarter bonus stuff in there that wont count and I'll try to get other kickstarter user and full spectrum to confirm it just to be fair. (Like a acrylic cut kickstarter thanks you or something).

As for the forum and communication (that I'll have to find any kind of reason just to see how their service is even if it work flawlessly), I'll use a different email identity. I also have US phone number available I can use to make my call (I run a telecom business).

Sure, they could do something different... but there is more they can do to make it worst than better I believe.

Since I'm a laser cutter noob, I'll see if some local laser cut shop / supplier would want me to bring it over to give it a try themselves and get more input.

@Rodney
    Yes, before my 'sponsor' removed his pledge so I can take his place, there were already a spot free (So it mean other people did removed their pledge afterward). So if you want to take the risk, you could check often, maybe an ultra early person will cancel their pledge. But I would wait to hear from user here about their experience (worth the 500$ difference I think).

Since it a kickstarter, the rewards is not guarantied in anyway as far as I can see... So it a lot more risky to do it via the kickstarter than buying directly from them. (Until I receive it, I'll consider it a scam (Yes I know... I got a very grim / low esteem of this at the moment... I don't think how it could get worst

This reads like a drama/spy story.. are you ppl not a little concerned that you have to pledge and wait in lines called names like extra top super duper 5 , to get a laser ?
    I personally wouldn't deal with anyone or a company that does that.
    Now you have to indulge in underhand and dodgy shenanigans to review a machine. Rediculous!!!
    Rodney , Cape Town , South Africa
    www.tokerbros.co.za

Hello,
    Is the table the same as router table? I think is yes it is, just put laser head on z axis and honey comb table. These laser parts are available on the market. Do you think we can DIY laser engraver/cutter easily and cheaper? So that we can use software and electronic from FSE and make table with hiwin and servo. This maybe one of the best laser here, most laser tables sold are stepper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gold View Post
    This reads like a drama/spy story.. are you ppl not a little concerned that you have to pledge and wait in lines called names like extra top super duper 5 , to get a laser ?
    I personally wouldn't deal with anyone or a company that does that.
    Now you have to indulge in underhand and dodgy shenanigans to review a machine. Rediculous!!!
    THE VOICE OF REASON! SAY IT AGAIN!

Personally I have a weike on a ship in the ocean somewhere set to arrive mid to late september.

I'm nervous about the import issues/process, and it was nerve wracking to ship off that much $$$ to a faceless account across the world, but i chose to do it, because as far as BANG FOR THE BUCK goes, It seemed like a much better deal than the "U.S." laser companies, which were just marking up the same product and selling it to me anyway.

The only thing i was afraid of, Was getting ripped off... SO i did a ton of homework, read reviews, and decided to go with a company that seemed to have an excellent track record, and was very responsive to me.

It seems like the extra money you pay for these U.S. import lasers is for the service and guarentee that a "local" company will be there to help you. SO if you're shelling out thousands more than you have to for the same piece of machinery, you'd probably better make sure the reputation of that company is worth it.

(My thoughts anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi Nep View Post
    THE VOICE OF REASON! SAY IT AGAIN!

Personally I have a weike on a ship in the ocean somewhere set to arrive mid to late september.

I'm nervous about the import issues/process, and it was nerve wracking to ship off that much $$$ to a faceless account across the world, but i chose to do it, because as far as BANG FOR THE BUCK goes, It seemed like a much better deal than the "U.S." laser companies, which were just marking up the same product and selling it to me anyway.

The only thing i was afraid of, Was getting ripped off... SO i did a ton of homework, read reviews, and decided to go with a company that seemed to have an excellent track record, and was very responsive to me.

It seems like the extra money you pay for these U.S. import lasers is for the service and guarentee that a "local" company will be there to help you. SO if you're shelling out thousands more than you have to for the same piece of machinery, you'd probably better make sure the reputation of that company is worth it.

(My thoughts anyway.)
    VERY true! This is why I've been doing a LOT of research before even considering which company to buy from. Honestly, besides my preferring North American support for various reasons, one reason I would buy from a US Company is because if something DOES go wrong and I get screwed over, I can go after them. If the company in China took your money and ran, you'd just be out that money.

Which machine did you go with, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by notprtty View Post
    VERY true! This is why I've been doing a LOT of research before even considering which company to buy from. Honestly, besides my preferring North American support for various reasons, one reason I would buy from a US Company is because if something DOES go wrong and I get screwed over, I can go after them. If the company in China took your money and ran, you'd just be out that money.

Which machine did you go with, btw?
    I went with the 6040N with a 60W. I'd really prefer the 6090, but due to size constraints I just couldn't fit it in my space.

I'd like the support as well, but with all the info out there on the net, and me not really being afraid to get my hands dirty, I figured I'd give it a shot. Not to mention, for what I wanted, I really couldn't afford a US companies support. So I went with the company I felt was the best value, with the best reviews and reputation I could find. Now only time will tell if I made the right choice.

I am REALLY excited to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi Nep View Post
    I went with the 6040N with a 60W. I'd really prefer the 6090, but due to size constraints I just couldn't fit it in my space.

I'd like the support as well, but with all the info out there on the net, and me not really being afraid to get my hands dirty, I figured I'd give it a shot. Not to mention, for what I wanted, I really couldn't afford a US companies support. So I went with the company I felt was the best value, with the best reviews and reputation I could find. Now only time will tell if I made the right choice.

I am REALLY excited to get it.
    The 6040 is the model I'm looking at getting from the US company. Let me know if you like it!

Page 3 of 3 123