587,035 active members*
3,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > looking for support in the u.s.
Page 1 of 2 12

looking for support in the u.s.

I'm looking for support in the U.S. I need to know who supports syil x4.

i think syil america will make support.
    you can call them for more details.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    i think syil america will make support.
    you can call them for more details.
    YOU THINK ???!!!
    Maybe you should check and find out for sure since they are your agent.

"syil support" is an oxymoron everyone knows it.

I am quite angry with what I clearly see as a scam:

1) low-cost labour to create machines they themselves don't understand (and support even less)
    2) Lure western resellers with "opportunity" to introduce these low-cost machines with the promise that they will be supported
    3) Not "follow through" (notice vendor signature here - LOL) with promised support - instead continually hype up the next line of low cost machines that they will have to buy instead.
    4) Abandon the western resellers to flounder on their own trying to give their current customers best support they can on their own
    5) Cleverly leave end-users to support themselves on western-hosted forums like this one
    6) Walk away with a quick profit made on cheap labor and gullible western resellers

You can see my own experience with Syil to get something very simple but that only they could provide HERE:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/928140-post24.html

Typical Chinese dumping scam. What crap.

When Syil Canade stopped selling machines it is not a great sign. Not many people post videos of the Syil machines working. I haven't actually seen any doing proper production work. The Tormach, Mikini and Denford are proper machines which you can do accurate work on. I see on some Youtube videos that the Syil machines are very noisy and use router type cutters for machining alloy "why" and they are super noisy even taking small cuts?

Its my understanding that support is provided by the distributor to its customers, here in Argentina we try hard every day to please every customer, and our customers recognize this. Obviously the machines here are not sold at USA prices, you need to earn money to provide good support and be happy doing it.

I try to offer my knowledge here at the forums on a time available basis, but if someone needs support ASAP I can quote my hourly rate on request.

What I see often in forums, in general I'm not pointing fingers here, is people trying to save every penny possible purchasing direct from China and then complaining because support is not made in their language with good grammar and while in China is 5AM.

Thats the reason distributors are appointed by manufacturing companies, to support overseas customers.

Pablo
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

Quote Originally Posted by PEU View Post
    Thats the reason distributors are appointed by manufacturing companies, to support overseas customers.
    Pablo

What a red herring. Syil has been providing next to no support to anyone - be it through their reseller channel or direct sales accounts. You either need to re-read my earlier post or you just don't want to or you have been paid to find anything to say to make it sound better.

The real SCAM behind this whole scenario is that the manufacturer dumps end-user equipment on the market without investing in any real support themselves at all.

The plan is clearly leave it to the gullible dealers (like you) to develop all of the support on their own. Which was never going to happen at all in many cases. In many cases such would be a bad idea anyway - like when my poor reseller was left to struggle on his own to create the ADTech demos that Syil until today doesn't even understand (see the link). But I see the guy struggle a lot doing things that are clearly the manufacturer's job. What crap.

The point is, Syil's actual support is almost ZERO and everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by scanf View Post
    What a red herring. Syil has been providing next to no support to anyone - be it through their reseller channel or direct sales accounts. You either need to re-read my earlier post or you just don't want to or you have been paid to find anything to say to make it sound better.
    I read your whole post and I agree that you are not being provided with the service you ask for, which is reasonable, I never purchased one of these adtech machines, otherwise you would had it long time ago directly from me.
    The real SCAM behind this whole scenario is that the manufacturer dumps end-user equipment on the market without investing in any real support themselves at all.
    There is no scam, is the customers the ones that want to purchase direct from China, Syil China is not actively seeking customers to go around distributors...
    The plan is clearly leave it to the gullible dealers (like you) to develop all of the support on their own. Which was never going to happen at all in many cases.
    Insulting me is not going to help your situation in any way... I wanted to become a Syil dealer and after I became a dealer I learned and asked when needed how to serve my customers better, so my customers do not need to ask questions in forums, again, we solve the problems, the customer receives solutions, thats what they paid for (read my previous post)
    In many cases such would be a bad idea anyway - like when my poor reseller was left to struggle on his own to create the ADTech demos that Syil until today doesn't even understand (see the link). But I see the guy struggle a lot doing things that are clearly the manufacturer's job. What crap.
    So you purchased through a reseller, from the beginning I tough you purchased from China directly, I'm not going to tell your distributor what to do, I just told you what we do...
    Here I think we will have to agree to disagree, no point going further...

Pablo

I never purchased one of these adtech machines, otherwise you would had it long time ago directly from me.

But that doesn't help

There is no scam, is the customers the ones that want to purchase direct from China, Syil China is not actively seeking customers to go around distributors...
    Not only doesn't this manufacture not support what they sell, it is my experience that in large part they are unable to support what they sell. That is called a scam.

I'm not going to tell your distributor what to do, I just told you what we do...
    I already told you what he is doing. Working best he can with almost no support from the manufacturer. BTW note that I do take exception to your unfair implicit comparison, subtle sales pitch of your own VAR services to that of other VARs (specifically mine, who works hard FYI thank you very much)

Don't you wish. Here's a newsflash - I don't care how good the Argentina reseller is. It doesn't do me any good where I am, but I have reasonable expectation that a manufacturer will support their own product through official channels, and assist any reseller when needed. Syil has not done this, I am not happy and you do not help.

I would request that you please refrain from responding further to my posts, my difficulty is with Syil, and not with their Argentina Value Added Reseller. Nor should I need support from you, as I have a local reseller and have purchased a new machine for which I should be receiving support for, but the manufacturer is not supporting the reseller and this is causing problems for me.

I would request that you please refrain from responding further to my posts, my difficulty is with Syil, and not with their Argentina Value Added Reseller. Nor should I need support from you, as I have a local reseller and have purchased a new machine for which I should be receiving support for, but the manufacturer is not supporting the reseller and this is causing problems for me.
    This in not a private forum, I'll post when I think I need to say something, you are posting in a public forum, if you need privacy you should not post here, I posted because I think you are wrong in some comments and right in another.

I'm not pitching my services, to do that I attend local trade shows were my customers to be, can see and touch the machines before they commit to a buy.

Pablo

This in not a private forum, I'll post when I think I need to say something, you are posting in a public forum, if you need privacy you should not post here

Thanks, in that case I will freely "go on further" for as long as "I think I need to say something" in this "public forum", without what appears to me as this subtle little mock-moderation...

The issue here in this thread is Syil support.

scanf, Syil does have a solid build machine and I think PEU is doing a great job supporting his customer in Argentina ( I been there couple times, and it is a beautiful country ), the problem you are talking about is a typical buy from china type of thing. Have you ever wonder why chinese product are so cheap? Cause they do not feed an army of aftersales service, they support you straight from their factory, and here's the catch, if you want a good product at a cheap price, than you must have the tech know how to debug yourself, they will sent you the parts for repair (at least for me so far), and you got to have enough knowledge and patience to work on your machine. If you work hard enough you will know what's wrong and how to improve it, than you will have the pefect machine. But if you are looking for a complete painless solution, go for Datron or Haas, they got plenty of nice well design, supported, configued product, at a premium if you are welling to pay for it.

I am planing to change stepping motor into servo drive, then build a motion control card by myself, as always, there are 2 choice in life, 1. if you want something done properly, do it yourslef, 2. Pay a high premium for what you want.

Cheers
    Shenta

Just buy from Tormach, Mikini or Denford. I was interested in a Syil until I went and asked a few customers who each reported having issues with their machines and just having to fix them themselves by swapping out parts. The Syil machines are just not designed to any real proper work. To say the least dodgy DIY electronics, which are un reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by fidia View Post
    To say the least dodgy DIY electronics, which are un reliable.
    I do not agree, drivers are not gecko, yaskawa or other known brand, but they work and they are reliable. If you force me to point at some not optimal item I would say the spindle board, but Syil acknowledged this and now all the machines come standard with a Delta VFD and an induction motor.

Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by PEU View Post
    I do not agree, drivers are not gecko, yaskawa or other known brand, but they work and they are reliable. If you force me to point at some not optimal item I would say the spindle board, but Syil acknowledged this and now all the machines come standard with a Delta VFD and an induction motor.

Pablo

Pablo,

As far as resellers go I'm sure you are as dedicated as they come, Syil made a real bargain when they discovered you. But if you listen carefully, the only one here having anything good to say about Syil support is you.

Not that being a Syil reseller would ever make you the least bit biased or anything I'm sure, it's just something that "needs to be said" like earlier right?

Syil China, if you do not hear what your customers are saying then you only prove every word right.

Syil China, if you do not hear what your customers are saying then you only prove every word right.
    I think Syil has all their staff working feverishly trying to figure out how to spell SPINDLE.

Quote Originally Posted by GITERDUN View Post
    I think Syil has all their staff working feverishly trying to figure out how to spell SPINDLE.
    LOL or trying to get the spindle motors on the machines running through Mach. Maybe that's why they break down, because they are configuring the Spindel in the factory and customers are trying to then turn on the spindle which has not been configured

I don't want to mock as it is a serious issue when faults need to be rectified by the manufacturer. In fairness to Peu all he can do is provide as much dealer backup and even paying top dollar to Haas generally the charges to call out a service engineer are quite high. However what I cannot abide is paying thousands for a machine that doesn't work when it arrives from the factory.

That is just completely ridiculous. You wouldn't go buy a new car and expect it to break when you get it home from the dealer.

That is just completely ridiculous. You wouldn't go buy a new car and expect it to break when you get it home from the dealer.
    Unless it was a Fiat- if it didn't break down you would feel left out.
    PS- Anyone know where I can get a tail light for an UNO?

Well, may be if one paid $5,000 for that new car...

Pablo,

As far as resellers go I'm sure you are as dedicated as they come, Syil made a real bargain when they discovered you. But if you listen carefully, the only one here having anything good to say about Syil support is you.
    Thanks for the civilized post

Is the other way around, I found them early in their deveopment stage and at the time I purchased a SX3 and a C6 lathe, both were real bargains, years after, the company evolved really great IMHO, the products are far better quality, not german quality of course, but a lot better that other chinese brands.

You guys forget that when you compare to other brands, haas was named in this thread, you usually purchase from a VAR that set ups the machine for you, and Im sure they are not doing it for free.

There are many kinds of VARs, Im speaking industry wise, not about Syil:

1) the box movers, these guys receive the box from China and its forwarded as received to the customer, if problem arises, you deal with infinite mails to support until you give up or they sent a replacement part for you to fix. Most times these resellers have the best price.

2) the multi brand reseller, they know a little of every machine they sell, but not a lot, usually if they dont know how to solve the problem they rely on support from china, so they supply solutions as the solutions are given to them.

3) the dedicated reseller, may sell other brands too, but they have a technical department to find solutions in house, they only rely on china for replacement parts not available in stock. Im in this category.

Im a believer that you only say good things about something or someone in public and complain in private. I had my battles with China, but almost all of them were solved in a way that my customers received a solution.

I do think you need to receive the files you need to properly create the postprocessor for your machine, sadly I cannot help you.

:cheers:

Pablo

Page 1 of 2 12