Quote Originally Posted by Dustin407 View Post
I have ecountered this problem before, I had a sheet of alum. that was really bent up so I just put some heavy weights on it to hold it down (outside the box). If your getting 1/2" plus warp on thin ga. you should put weights on the ends not in the path of the g code obviously. This will make life alot easier because you cant always rely on the DTHC when things are out of control by as much as 1/2" plus... Here is a video link of what I am talking about.. You'll notice the thick steel plate on the alum. Let me know if you cant view the video... :wave:

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
I cut a lot of the same parts over and over. Like 200 of this or 400 of that, so I've considered creating a custom-fitted set of slats that would allow the torch to cut without hitting the underlying grid and heat warping that, and also including a set of magnetic attachment points to hold things down. You couldn't do it for one-off stuff, but I might try it sometime. I've used weights and clamps before but I don't like having to make sure I navigate around them without crashing into them. I have an old vacuum pump and I've considered doing something with that. I'd just have to make sure I didn't burn the suction cups off. :-)