586,113 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > 5x6 bandsaw hydraulic feed cylinder

5x6 bandsaw hydraulic feed cylinder

I figure most bench-top machinists have had or currently have one of the Grizzly/Harborfreight Bandsaws around the shop.
    My question is this; Has anybody added the hydraulic feed unit from a 5x6" and if so where did you get the unit. It would be great to have that add on to a useful tool for limited space. Thanks in advance.

i built mine and used mini charlyn moter hydro pump 1gal tank and a 1,5 hp elec moter and speed controller

I know the 4x6 yahoo group has discussed multiple ways to do it with pretty great success... I just hate using there groups because the only pictures are in the files/pictures section.

I have always wondered if the hydraulic feed for their larger saw could just be bolted on with a custom bracket/mount

I know the 4x6 yahoo group has discussed multiple ways to do it with pretty great success... I just hate using there groups because the only pictures are in the files/pictures section.

I have always wondered if the hydraulic feed for their larger saw could just be bolted on with a custom bracket/mount

They will work and one guy over on the bandsaw group did this recently.
    Below is a quote from his message
    [Quote] from DAN
    I ordered
    one from Homier. The price was $36.47 plus $9.95 shipping. It did include all
    the piping and valve. When contacting Homier through their feedback@...
    email address, make sure you mention Model No. 03111, part number 72, and part name, hydraulic down feed cylinder. You may have to follow up on the inquiry as I had to do since they seemed to lose my request.
    [UnQuote]

It is message 8657 and shows a picture in the message of the cylinder as well as measurements.
    Not sure if this link will take you to it
    Yahoo! Groups

Dave