586,108 active members*
3,027 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Open Source CNC Machine Designs > Coming Soon -- CNC Router Parts 4x4 and 4x8 kits and plans
Page 15 of 16 513141516
    1/4" T303 - Cold Drawn, Annealed (CDA) ASTM A 582 Stainless Steel work for the rails?

Would be a little spendy, but would never have to worry about rust.

Quote Originally Posted by tkms002 View Post
    Sure wish we had bought one of these instead of one from fineline. Can't get that guy to respond for anything.
    +1

Lou
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Cable management

Ahren,

I noticed the page on the CRP site describing the CRP4848 mentions an upcoming cable management solution. Any updates on that? I'm contemplating what is needed for my machine.
    I wouldn't mind using a proven solution on my first machine.

CRP Construction Wiki?

Ahren,

Have you ever considered hosting a Wiki site for the CRP kits? As you probably already know, a Wiki is a user contributed knowledge base where project maintainers and visitors can create and edit content. It could act as a central location for construction notes, techniques, and documentation for any of the kits. Wikis are used quite often with open source projects to track information.

Cool

Hey all,

It's been a while since I visited the thread, and I see I've missed some stuff -- apologies for that. Analias, a wiki is a good idea, and I'll look into hosting one on our site. As to your other question, we will have an updated cable track kit coming out next week that will be available for sale directly from our website.

I did want to let everyone know we have a new set of plans out! We're working on a brief tutorial to go with them, but the new plans already have PDF drawings for quick print-out and reference. Additionally, we now have new drop-in t-stud fasteners that replace a lot of the carriage bolts to make assembly even easier. Check out the new plans for the 4' x 4' and 4' x 8' kits:

4' x 4' plans:
    CNCRouterParts

4' x 8' plans:
    CNCRouterParts

Look for some more announcements from us in the next few days / weeks. We've had a lot of stuff in the cooker, including cable track kits and router mounts, some of which are up for sale on the site already. We'll also be featuring a 2' x 4' build showcasing our new steel table leg system.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails t-studs.jpg   2448.jpg  

Nice looking router mounts!

Are the product pages for the cable management kits up yet?

Almost -- we're waiting on a few more brackets to come in to update the kit, then it will launch on the site.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

If a person had a 20 foot table, and used two 10 foot steel rails, how effective could they be matched together for a seamless transition?

While the gear rack can certainly be matched together using another piece of rack as an alignment tool, the rails themselves could have some issues. I haven't tried this myself, but I would guess that there will be some small motion deviation at the interface between the rails. For some applications like plasma, I would guess that it would be just fine, but I hesitate to endorse this solution without testing it first.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

I have seen many machines with spans longer than one could purchase a single piece of cold rolled steel. i imagine if one wanted a 20' table and could aquire 10' lengths of cold rolled steel, i bet it would be fine for plasma. Especially if one seperated the table into two 10' zones, not placing anything in between the mating gap. I bet though you could align the rails pretty dang close with a 12" straight edge and clamps + shims. I'm currently in the middle of the great debate, buy a plasma machine via financing or continue onward paying all in cash only. GRRRR. haha. Either way it involves your product

Quote Originally Posted by ahren View Post
    While the gear rack can certainly be matched together using another piece of rack as an alignment tool, the rails themselves could have some issues. I haven't tried this myself, but I would guess that there will be some small motion deviation at the interface between the rails. For some applications like plasma, I would guess that it would be just fine, but I hesitate to endorse this solution without testing it first.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

my table is designed to be lengthened. ie i can bolt on an extension. to help with the problem, i staggered the gaps. ie the joint on the left side is offset from the joint on the right.

if you also make sure that whatever you are bolting the rails to is a solid piece at the joint, you should be able to make them match up very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygoat View Post
    my table is designed to be lengthened. ie i can bolt on an extension. to help with the problem, i staggered the gaps. ie the joint on the left side is offset from the joint on the right.

if you also make sure that whatever you are bolting the rails to is a solid piece at the joint, you should be able to make them match up very well.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm sure with some thought and crafty CAD planning in advance ill be able to make it work well for a really long plasma table.

Cable track

Do you know when the cable chain will be added to your website and how much will it cost for a 4 x 10 table?
    Are you going to add a router mount for pc 3 1/2hp router?

Thanks,
    Mike

Sorry, duplicate post.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. Our new cable track kits for CRP2448, CRP4848, and CRP4896 kits are now available for sale:

Complete Cable Track Kit | CNCRouterParts

We can also do a custom quote for other sized machines.

We are looking into mounts for larger routers -- could be in the next couple of months that we have a mount for them.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Great product Ahren!
    Would you sell just the plastic e-chain guides without the mounts or tray? I guess it would be sold by the foot?...
    Thank You.

We'll be selling it by the meter (39") since this is how we stock it (1 meter is about perfect for a 4 foot axis), but it can easily be broken down or combined together into smaller or larger sections -- we'll be putting the listing up later today.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Okey dokey. Individual cable tracks are up for sale now for people who don't want the kit (or for machines that can't accommodate it):

Accessories | CNCRouterParts

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Hi Ahren, I have contacted you in the past regarding a ballscrew updatefor my machine. It uses your bearing blocks and stepper mounts but the frame is not your design.
    I was thinking about using the existing bearing blocks with a RM2510-1200mm-C7 (25m diameter, lead of 10mm) ballscrew. I was thinking about having the end machined down to .5" for about 6" give or take, so that your bearing blocks, shaft collars and thrust washers could be reused. I would have to come up with a custom mount for the Nut but nothing different than the custom mount I did for my Dumpsters 2 start Nuts.
    Do you think this idea would work?
    Thanks for the help.
    Thank You.

Page 15 of 16 513141516