Hello All,
I'm needing some help connecting a Mitsubishi Meldas 520 to a PC. I bought a null modem cable that has a DB9 connector on one end and a DB25 on the other, and I have connected the PC and CNC control together. All the parameters are properly set as per Mitsubishi's instructions-on the PC end, 7 data bits, even parity, 2 stop bits. On the controller, 8 data bits, no parity, and 2 stop bits. I'm attempting to use two different programs to transfer data. One is NCnet Lite 4.1, the other is Quick Link 2000 from Microcimm.
Whenever I attempt to download from the controller, I can see the program scrolling down the monitor, but there is nothing going on at the PC. When I try to upload to the controller, the PC sends the program, but nothing happens at the controller, other than it times out. From what I understand, I should be seeing something, even if it is gibberish. So maybe someone out there has seen something similar, and could steer me in the right direction because I'm way out of my league here. Thank You for your time. Shane.