586,364 active members*
3,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Spindle Choices

I am looking at purchasing the Benchtop PRO CNC Machine Kit from cncrouterparts.com and am looking for a spindle for it. I am wanting to get a 2.2kW spindle that is water cooled. I have been looking around and have looked at e-bay and the price ranges form about $230 - $300 and then there is Ugracnc.com and they have one for $435. I believe that youget what you pay for, would you say this is true about these spindles. Is it worth the extra $200 for the one from Ugra. I don't see a lot of specs that compare them.

One more thing, is there any other options for a frame other then the one that I am looking at before I purchase it.

Thanks for any help

Re: Spindle Choices

You do get what you pay for, but the beauty of the Chinese product market is that we are getting increasingly good quality products at very competitive rates. I have several of the cheap Chinese Spindles/VFD's, and couldn't be happier.

The VFD from Ugracnc look to be better quality, certainly the Hitachi is a good one, although I have no idea if there is any real difference between the Chinese spindles and the ones there, but it all comes down to budget. If you can afford the investment for the better VFD and spindle, then that's what you should do, if however finances are limited, and buying an expensive VFD/spindle means cutting down on the quality of the build or cnc machine frame or components, then IMHO you should go the cheaper VFD/spindle route to keep the build quality high, and upgrade them if/when required down the track.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Buying a chinese spindle on Ebay can be a bit of a gamble. Occasionally, some people get spindles with excessive runout or other problems. This is probably a very small percentage.
    When you buy it from UGRA, you're paying extra to get a real warranty and a guarantee that you'll get a good spindle 100% of the time.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the input, I just placed my order and went with the one from Ugra. Now I just need the machine to mount it too.