586,069 active members*
3,634 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: TM-1P height

TM-1P height

Hi, just order a new Haas TM-1P toolroom mill last week.

Ceilling of my garage is 10 feet high but height of the garage door is only 7 feet high, for those of you that have the same height of door, did you had any trouble getting the mill through that door.

I can't find any specs of the mill with the head lowered to it's minimum.

Is there any other special thing I have to do before the mill get here.

Thanks, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey001 View Post
    Hi, just order a new Haas TM-1P toolroom mill last week.

Ceilling of my garage is 10 feet high but height of the garage door is only 7 feet high, for those of you that have the same height of door, did you had any trouble getting the mill through that door.

I can't find any specs of the mill with the head lowered to it's minimum.

Is there any other special thing I have to do before the mill get here.

Thanks, Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

talk to your sales person they will give you all the specs. I'm geting a minimill and I think I have the same problem that you but after I asked the sales person he said that they can remove the cover from the spindle and along with some other tricks and I have a 7' high door as well.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, will do what you said and talk the the sale guy and see what he hava to say about that.

Jeff

Jeff,

Congrats on your new Haas TM-1P. I received my 2p several weeks ago ... also through a 7 feet door (actually 6' 11 5/8"). A little work but not a problem! :banana:

Here's what they did ...

A Haas tech removed the regen box (big aluminum box with slats in it) and the connector box next to it (for the power cable that goes to the spindle motor, a big fat flexible tube).

Since the head is mounted near the table already, the tech did not have to lower it or remove housing/fan which probably would not have helped anyway.

Even with these items removed ... it was a very close fit, but they did not have to remove the feet. But could have if needed ... provides another 6" of room.

After it was moved into the shop the tech re-installed those components.

Hopefully your riggers are familiar the Haas machines, mine were, so they had the correct skates etc.

Since I had the tech there to continue the installation he did all the work on the machine. That way it avoided any warranty issues.

Good luck and have fun with your TM, I having a great time with mine!!

By the way I do a few pictures if needed. :wave:

Regards,

Pat H

Hi, thank you very much for that helpful reply.

When I ordered the mill, they told me that it must be fully installed, air and electricity, so not sure if the tech guy will be here for that purpose.

Suppose to take 5 to 7 weeks delivery so plenty of time to think about it.

Will let you know if any news.

Jeff

You'll need to connect power and air to machine after it's in place. This must be done before the tech will set it up. We just had our SuperMini installed last month. Have you read the Pre-installation guide?

www.haascnc.com/pdf/ES0332.pdf

Hi ErichS.

Thanks for your help.

Yes I read the pre installation PDF.

I have to replace the electrical box in order to have a 50 Amp breaker for the mill only.

Bought a new 24 gallon compressor @ 6.5 ipm @ 90 psi, have couple more compressor but this one will be for the mill only. (4 ipm required)

Wanted to buy a 60 or 80 gallons compressos but I think it's a bit overkill since it required another 25 Amp breaker @ 220V.

How your mini mill is doing, any video or picture?

Jeff

Tool Changer PSI Requirements

Hi,

You might want to check with your local HFO about the Minimum PSI requirements for the tool changer. I think??? it was somewhere around 80 to 90 PSI. It it drops lower than the required PSI you will get an low air alarm.

Just something you might want to check.

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

These are the requirements from the Hass installation Manual.

Compressed Air Requirements
    Air Pressure
    Haas CNC machines require a minimum air pressure of 100 psi (6.90 bar) at the input to the pressure regulator on the back of the machine.

Air Flow (minimum requirements)
    All VF, VM, MM, GR, TM, VR, VS models require 4 scfm (1.89 liters per second). For mills equipped with the auto air gun option, 10 scfm (4.72 liters/sec.) will be required for the machine. The auto air gun consumes an additional 6 scfm (2.83 liters/sec.).

This is the compressor.

3 HP, twin cylinder

Celtic Distributors | Portable 6.0 CFM 3 HP 24 Gallon Air Compressor

Jeff

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by kjaanbutt View Post
    A body thrown up vertically reaches a maximum height of 250m.Another body of twice the mass thrown up with twice the initial velocity and reaches a maximum height h .What is the value of h?

Thanks for your help.

:boxing:

Hey I'm curious what you did with the umbilical that comes off of the Z axis? My ceiling is 100" high and it seems like the umbilical goes up to around 110"?
    Also, could the rear service door be removed to decrease the clearance that needs to be behind the mill for service access? VERY space-limited in my garage!
    Thanks,
    Steve

They moved my tm2p through a standard 7 ft garage door. Had to unbolt and set aside the stove burners, and loosen the large conduit (there is a clamp at each end) to the head so it would flop over. It just cleared.
    I put a dual outswing man door behind the the mill in line with the control and my mill is 6 inches from wall. For maintenance. I open the door from the outside.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jbcj View Post
    They moved my tm2p through a standard 7 ft garage door. Had to unbolt and set aside the stove burners, and loosen the large conduit (there is a clamp at each end) to the head so it would flop over. It just cleared.
    I put a dual outswing man door behind the the mill in line with the control and my mill is 6 inches from wall. For maintenance. I open the door from the outside.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
    That's could be a first!!! I like it. Just don't do any maintenance in a storm. And, don't let OSHA near the house, as they would probably write you up for blocking an escape route.

:cheers:

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28