586,076 active members*
3,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Contacting CNC Cutting Solutions?

Hi Everyone,

I just started a new position and my first task is to "fix" the plasma table. The table was ordered from CNC Cutting Solutions in Canada. I was looking to see if anyone knew of a way to contact the company for tech-support as they are no longer in business.

I am having an issue with one of the stepper motors.

Thanks.

They bought most of their interface controls (THC and PC interface/BoB's) from us. They have bought a couple of our full systems lately (last 6 months) but prior to that they did all of their own motor and driver setup and wiring and their own power supply. You are welcome to join my support forum for our products and maybe get some help for the stuff we did not supply. Link to the support forum (Yahoo Group) is on the website.

Tom Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for the information.

Unhappy need help with cnc solutions table Brogger00 this may be another job for you

can any one help tell us where we can get tech support for our cnc table. It will cut 3/16 but not 10 guage. It starts a cut then stops to make a new cut and wont start again. It drags a fair bit and then the next time I start up it works perfectly. what do I need ????? any advice there must be more discouraged cnc solution table owners out there some where

Over the years CNC Cutting Solutions used some of our electronics but it varied. Mostly they used our MP1000-THC but buried it in their controller box. They bought a few MP3000_DTHC units. Usually the MP1000 installs used two parallel ports on the PC so that can be a clue. They had their own setup and tech guy. The total of tables we have any involvement in is about 10 to 12. The last three tables they built used a complete (Plazpak) controller.

You might start by going to our website and the manusls page ad the obsolete button and download the MP1000 users manual.

IT sounds a lot like operator error. You HAVE to have ARC OK or the motion will halt. ARC OK is a RESULT of the torch having a valid arc. How that signal is developed depends on the plasma unit and how they did the interface. There are other parameters that have to be correct as well. Sometimes its as simple as having the pierce delay too long or the Z plunge rate (time) too long and on thinner material ti sits over one spot, gets starved for metal, voltage spikes and the THC plunges the torch or worse your plasma turns itself off and the ARC OK goes away.

We have helped "orphan" customers from several table builders that have vanished. I have a product support forum (candcncsupport on Yahoo) where you can get support from me and some of the other 1600 members.

TOM caudle
    www.candcnc.com

to torchhead

thank you we will do that, however do you have a direct number where my brother who is the only operator of this machine can call you and purchase if necessary tech support

It's not possible for us to support a table where all of the control electronics did not come from us. We don't have phone support for sale. I know this is frustrating but the forum I listed is your best shot. Some table vendors (and DIY builders) use a Plug-n-Run controller system and our setup and profiles so support then gets easier (for us). It's kinda important when you buy a table that you know something about the company that built it and the type controller they used. A lot of the vendors "roll their own" controllers and may buy a THC from one vendor and wire their own control box. Nothing wrong with that unless they punch out or refuse to support a second generation owner. A lot of buyers make the assumption (like when you buy a car) that the "engine" is all from one source and there are more than one source of support and spare parts.
    ('Dirty Little Secret #8')

There are vendors that should not be in business (and they often don't survive). They tend to leave customers twisting in the wind for support. Many will not support a second level owner (you did not buy the table directly from them) unless you pay a huge fee. The economy has finished off a lot of the marginal characters.

There is quite a bit of "general" help on plasma cutting here on the ZONE and for our DTHC's on my forum.

The whole OEM program (where the OEM buys in quantity and gets a discount) is based on the concept they can provide level one support especially if it's their power section and drive setup. We have had to several times step in and provide that support (like with CNC Cutting Solutions) even when they were still selling tables and at one point we refused to sell them partial setups anymore.

They (CNC Cutting Solutions) did buy a couple of our complete Plazpak controllers before they vanished. Our controllers are pretty distinct (NEMA Fiberglas sealed cases). They will have (at least) buttons on the front and an ESPII decal on the front panel. Check our website and the Plazpak series to see what they look like.

I will do all I can to help, but phone support is limited to our customers. OEM's are our customer and I do a lot of hand holding for them. End user support for their tables has to come from them. The DIY builder using our components and plug-n-run packages have phone support as well although we encourage them to use the on-line forum for most problems.

TOM caudle
    www.candcnc.com

to cwrig

I was able to get the table to work well in the end. It turns out it was just me not knowing how to use the plasma table.

The components which gave me the most trouble were the MP3000-DTHC and getting the correct cut settings for the torch-both of which were not actual CNC Cutting Solution parts. As a result I contacted the respective companies and was able to get everything working properly.

It happened that I was using a hypertherm plasma machine so their user manual has some tables which give a good estimation of the proper cutting height/speed/delay/etc.

I would take a look through any literature you may have and see if your problem is listed. As Tom previously mentioned, the Yahoo support group is very informative so take a look at that as well.

Unfortunately, I am not longer using a plasma table, I was only an intern at the time, so I do not know how informative I can be.

Best of luck.