586,105 active members*
3,302 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Seeking CNC Mentor in Alberta (Edmonton)

Exclamation Seeking CNC Mentor in Alberta (Edmonton)

I want to break into CNC Machining and would like to find myself a mentor in the Edmonton area, although I would travel to any location in Alberta.
    I'm currently training in MasterCAM Mills, Solids & Lathes.
    In January I am set to take a hands on CNC Machining course(Mazak & Haas) through NAIT.
    After the new year, I will be actively pursueing an apprenticeship in Edmonton.
    I've been an AutoCad draftsman for an electrical engineering company for 2 years and I've been a computer programmer for about 5 years previous to that. I also have small engine shop hand experience (reboring engines, grinding valves, rebuilding and repairing) working in my father's shop for 6 years.

I am about 30 miles from Edmt and want to start a plasma table over the winter. I do have some drives and servos that I intend to use. The nuts and bolts I am OK with and shop and machinery are not a problem but all the electonics and computer side will be tough for me. If we can collaborate in some way contact me.

Looking for Mentor?

Smoke, have you set up your machine yet. I am starting to build a plasma cnc table and am looking for anyone in the area to see their set up. I am just looking for to make a good machine and want to learn to use cnc programs. I am more of a hands on person and when shown how, I usually get it right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you are interested you can email me.
    Thanks
    Gary