586,655 active members*
2,244 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > (SHOW 'N' TELL) What have you made with your CNC machine?
Page 3 of 3 123
    WOW - so much neat stuff - I shoulda posted sooner - a bit on the simple side
    Both were for "She Who Must Be Obeyed"...
    I was gonna charge her 50 bucks per number on the house job - but....

AF Special Ops is in our home town and she used to be one - so therfore the "practice" plaque
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 818.bmp   SPECOPS.bmp  
    Experience is the BEST Teacher. Is that why it usually arrives in a shower of sparks, flash of light, loud bang, a cloud of smoke, AND -- a BILL to pay? You usually get it -- just after you need it.

Here's the last two projects I've cut for my son.

The desk and chair is an original design and it started with a couple of lines drawn on a piece of paper. I used Rhino to do the rest. Mickey, Pluto and SpongeBob are, of course, copyrighted. I traced them in Rhino from drawings found on the Internet. VisualMill generated the gcode from the imported Rhino file. Two hinge grooves were cut by hand with the rest done on the machine.

JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DeskChair.JPG   Pluto.JPG   PoopsDesk-Rhino.JPG   SpongeBob.JPG  

Mickey.JPG  

This one's a firetruck bed. I found the original picture with Google (the one with the kid). As it turns out the picture is of a plan kit someone sells.. Doh!. Anyway, I downloaded the picture and tried to draw it in Rhino. I made a few mods to add a bit more safety (my son is only 2 y/o). The entire thing was cut out of 3/4" plywood. All but the ladder and the hooks were done on the CNC.

JR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails web6676big.jpg   PoopsBed1A1.JPG   PoopsBed2A1.JPG   PoopsBed3A1.JPG  

PoopsBed-Rhino.JPG  

I designed and programmed this. I had if made at a friends shop. I dont have a machine (yet). Pistol Grip Shifter for My Miata.

Mike Mattera
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alum_S02.jpg   alum_S04.jpg   alum_S05.jpg  
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Lithophane and light box. Photovcarve software used for the lithophane. Picture is 4" x 6". First pic is with backlight turned off. Second light is on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails M4x6.JPG   M34x6.JPG  

My second cut. I play Magic: The Gathering, which is a card game. I bought a wooden box from Hobby Lobby for $15, then used a 1/8" bullnose endmill to engrave the game's logos/symbols into the top of the box, with my name.

In the background is my original box I made myself four years ago, complete with hand engraved logos. Second pic is detail of the hand-engraved logos for comparison with the CNC machine versions.

This CNC stuff is fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CarvedBox.jpg   HandCarvedBox.jpg  

This is the door that went on the latest Goodyear blimp. Picture is from the Akron Beacon Journal (our local newspaper).

It's hard to see, but we engraved and painted the blimp that is attached to the door.

We've made one of these for every Goodyear blimp in the air from 1/8" thk aluminum.

We once traded work for a ride in the blimp. Got an hour-long ride, and a tour of the hangar. It was priceless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blimp_door.jpg  

Wouldn't you know it, 1 day after I posted about the Goodyear blimp, the freaking airdock catches fire! This place is a landmark here in Akron. I can't imagine if it would've burned down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails airdock_fire.jpg  

Not much I know but here is something I made for the kids, they were happy with it though...

Russell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Butterfly 002.jpg   Butterfly 003.jpg  

a few examples
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1625-2.jpg   100_1179-xxxx.jpg   100_1592-2.jpg  

Hello All;

It's been nearly two years since I bought my CNC table. Biggest leap was learning to draw correctly for it. Many of you helped me immensely with a sign that was my first project. Thanks Again!

I'm focused on my real work which is shaping metal that needs to be cut first. This is something that would have been impossible without my table. Each bloom has 144 pedals and uses one third of a 4 x 8 sheet of 22 gauge steel;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mumtwothree.jpg  
    Bill B.

Panels and baseplate were cut using my wood router: My DIY CNC Wood Router
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cpu.jpg   3fee.jpg  
    Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

Page 3 of 3 123