586,060 active members*
4,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Gas prices were you live what are you paying?
Page 16 of 17 614151617
    Local radio host wants one to run on salt water. We have more than enough of that. lol

Dick Z
    DZASTR

Exclamation Needs practice.

Walking on water is one thing. Running is another(nuts):withstupi

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Walking on water is one thing. Running is another(nuts):withstupi
    Run fast enough and it is probably possible; have you seen the crazy fools with snowmobiles who compete to see how far they can hydroplane across a river?
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Talking yep.

Testing Newton's laws using fuel as an expense.

Geof, us fools (some old fools) have perfected the art of "water skipping" to the point of oval racing snowmobiles on unfrozen water till they run out of fuel. There's even an annual event at Siren WI

Also, If you can run 17 mph with perfectly flat feet, you should be able to hydro-plane. lol

Dick Z
    DZASTR

Cool Global warming.

I suppose with global warming that's all that snowmobiles will be any good for, while the fuel lasts.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD ZASTROW View Post
    Local radio host wants one to run on salt water.
    We have a radio host here who has started an event called "Hump at the pump" this is a way of getting free gas. The idea is you find a stranger to make out with at a predetermined gas station and as long as your making out with the person they keep pumping you gas. They video tape it all, some have ended up on Youtube if your board look it.
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

26 mi. west of Milwaukee, WI $4.19/$4.25 US gal. 7/13/08

Dick Z
    DZASTR

The Colony, Texas Dallas/Fort Worth area. Shamrock 3.88 Gallon for unleaded.
    klmjr

Tempe, Arizona $4.049 a gallon this morning.

Haven't posted to this thread for a while and I know you've all been eagerly awaiting the prices from Massachusetts, so here it it: $4.07 at the station across the street from my house.

A few tips (don't know if anyone has posted these yet, if I'm repeating old stuff then bear with me):

1. Buy your gas in the morning. Gas density varies inversely with temperature and in the morning when it is cooler you actually get more gas for your dollar (except in Canada where the pumps are fitted with a temp sensor that compensates for changes in density).

2. 4 clicks or more on the gas cap, any less and your not assured of a proper seal and it may be evaporating out.

3. Fill your tank when it drops to (or below) half, the smaller the head space, the less vapor, and the more liquid gas you have.

4. Don't sit and idle your car for long periods of time. If the drive through window at bugger fling is to long then get out and walk it.

I heard several interesting reports recently

1. The Saudis are saying at least $50 to $70 dollars of the current price per barrel is due to speculators in the futures market and if the US would just announce a drilling program then price would drop significantly (in shale and continental coastal reserves we have more oil than the entire middle east combined). Of course I heard another report saying that "blaming the speculators is just a smokescreen to keep us on the wrong track".

2. Average gas price in Mexico $2.50, Kuwait $0.12, Venezuela $0.25

3. And what happened to Jimmy Carters promise when he looked right into the camera, pounded his fist and said "Americans will never pay one penny more for gas than the prices they are paying today", back when it skyrocketed to $0.35 per gallon?
    If you cut it to small you can always nail another piece on the end, but if you cut it to big... then what the hell you gonna do?

Steven

gaz

To day,$1,24/litre in toronto Canada.Bottled water,1.50/litre.
    In the old days,water was free and a well tuned 426Hemi with dual 4 barrels got 22MPG
    At the pumps,I say"Fill or stop at $100"
    Larry
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Gas in Venezula,.22/gallon.What a ripoff.See what a dictator can do!I will bet water costs more there.Perhaps I should start an E-bay store selling gasoline from Venezula at .50/gal.
    Larry
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Back down to $4.29 today. Was $4.67 a couple of weeks ago.

Angry Adelaide, South Australia

Today`s prices -

$1.55 per Litre - Petrol

$1.79 per Litre - Diesel

$0.79 per litre - LPG.

It is said that we have enough natural gas in Australia to run every vehicle here for the next 125 years - Yet we sell it off to Asia at very low prices. Something very wrong!

Rocket.

PS Larry, how are you getting on with those Tsingtaos ?

Upstate, South Carolina

$3.31

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Cool Hi Rod.

Melbourne Diesel 1.77 / Liter today.
    I am getting 5.1 L /100K in my 1.9L Turbo Diesel Astra. 6 speed auto.
    Good gadget, but the drive by wire sucks. (I am a 2 foot auto driver)
    It has a firmware bug that goes auto rough. Turn off/on fixes it.
    Idle fuel flow is 10 times too high when it screws up.
    The dealer says they have an upgrade.
    Just have to lose the car for half a day.
    They want $33 to cover insurance on loan car. That sucks.

I think we're at the low point prior to the next up ratchet. $3.79 9/10 per US gal. at 26 miles west of Milwaukee WI USA.

Dick Z
    DZASTR

Great mileage Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Melbourne Diesel 1.77 / Liter today.
    I am getting 5.1 L /100K in my 1.9L Turbo Diesel Astra. 6 speed auto.
    Good gadget, but the drive by wire sucks. (I am a 2 foot auto driver)
    It has a firmware bug that goes auto rough. Turn off/on fixes it.
    Idle fuel flow is 10 times too high when it screws up.
    The dealer says they have an upgrade.
    Just have to lose the car for half a day.
    They want $33 to cover insurance on loan car. That sucks.
    Yes, great mileage indeed. I think it is time to hotfoot it down to the dealer and get the upgrade.

My Commodore uses 12 litres per 100 km. Probably should change it for something more economical but i just feel comfortable in that car. Our experience with turbo diesels has not been great. We have a Ford Transit sitting at work with either a blown turbo or a cactus motor. It will cost anywhere between $ 3-5,000 to fix it. Our Mercedes van has just come back from the mechanic having had the head repaired. Have not seen the bill for that one yet, but i am sure it won`t be cheap. In the past we had Toyota Hiace vans with petrol engines and very rarely had any problems with them. So i think we will stick to petrol powered vehicles in the future.

Rocket.

Yep gas is the problem!
    I drive a 100m round trip a day 25.00 per. and now they want me to quite weekends
    12s f/s/s and work 5 8s
    I said sure but I need 50+ more a week for gas and exp
    Cant afford to give up much more ,
    anyway start building your own transportation,
    Iam working on a HydroGluide, rtm. No gas 2 wheeled Hydrogen Motorcycle
    good luck waiting for some one else to fix the problem
    3.79 /3.99
    IF ITS NOT BROKE YOUR NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH

Ashes to ashes , dust to dust , If it wasnt for Harleys the fast lane would rust.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Page 16 of 17 614151617