586,036 active members*
3,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Gas prices were you live what are you paying?
Page 1 of 17 12311
    WallCrawler Guest

Gas prices were you live what are you paying?

Gas prices were you live what are you paying?

NJ Usa we are paying 3.19 for reg 3.30 plus 3.50 super.

What are you paying? (nuts)

In Detroit it's gone down from about $3.29 last Thursday to about $2.85. The papers said last week Michigan had the highest average price in the country. These are for regular, btw.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Niagara Falls NY was 3.69 last week but was down to 3.29 this morning for regular.
    Gunner

At Toowoomba, Qld, Australia.

We pay now, its gone through the roof.

Unleaded about $1.24-1.27 per litre. Normaly it is under $1. around say 90-95cents.

Peter

In Finland.

Liter 1.40€ = 1.74$

Gallon [US, liquid] 5.30€ = 6.6$

Expensive.

In quebec, canada, gas usually was around 95 cents before Katrina. Well, in 2004, it was below 70 cents a liter. Now it is standing at 1.39$ and even was 1.49 in some places. Those are canadian dolars.

Let's say I take highest price we got in the last week, this makes the galon priced at around 5$ US or 6.75$ canadian!

don't ask why we fill up before heading home from a trip to the states!

Para

about $2.85 to as much as $2.99 /gal (and more? ) for 87 octane in central FL

About $1.70 per LITER!

About $7 per gallon Reg unleaded 95 at the current exchange and fuelprices. Prices just went down about $0,08 per gallon here in the Netherlands. Even LPG is around $2,15 per gallon. Diesel is at $4,16 per gallon.

EJK
    What goes down, should come up.

LPG ?? u guys have that many Propane Gas vehicles that they sell it by the gallon there ?

Liquid Propane Gas ---- That stuff is still used in BBQ's, we buy it in mostly 20 # containers for that and smaller for camp stoves and small propane torches ...

still experimental in many special program study motor vehicles -- burns very clean and I heard that you don't need to change your motor oil it burns so clean even in 25-50, maybe even 100k miles !

They sell it by the liter here but for your convienance I did the math for you. E0,45 per liter is hard to compare to $2,50 per gallon.

Cheapest way to drive here if you drive more that 10000km per year.
    You can get it at a normal gasstation just like regular gas. Tank is usually fitted in the boot or in the place where the spare tire used to be (doesn't take up any space).

You use about 10% more than when driving on unleaded gas but at a liter price of less than a third, hey..... The engine needs to be able to cope with the higher exhaust temps (lpg burns slower than gas), you need to adjust valve clearance more ofter.
    It burn abcolutely clean (propane and butane only contain C and H)

LPG is likely to be banned here (only 5% use it) in the future because of the dangers involved in accidents and carfires. They tend to be a tad more spectacular ;-). Coverting back to regual gas is easy. Take out the tank, close the fuelinlet and take out the computer and injection nozzles.

Diesel is the main fuel for high milage cars here. Some 40% of all cars here are diesels.

EJK
    What goes down, should come up.

yeah thats probably why it hasnt caught on much here.. but LP isnt really that cheap--- 20# is like $7-$12 or more .. and like you said it gets consumed faster ( less energy per unit than liquid gasoline)..

Diesel is not always cheaper here than gas. Often it's more expensive --

It is a noisier , heavier, more expensive motor and it stinks more and the engine produces less acceleration ( unless you have turbo charging ), and it is a pain on the warm up and the shut down ( 30 second warm up procedure, 30 second cool down of idling for 30 seconds after your done driving )--- these kinds of pains keep people away from them after they tried them once or get advice from friends/relatives.
    Also not every station has diesel, so getting it can be a challenge but then again u can go farther so it shouldn't be so bad .. also they arent very good in the cold weather as diesel tends to gel.

I think some turbo-diesel VW's can go like 700 miles on a tank full by driving highway and driving slowly. Once the motor is warm, you can switch over to running things like strained/filtered cooking oil that McDonalds and many other restuarants throw away and make the highway smell like french fries .. The veggie mobile does this on a regular basis.

I think that guy Otto Diesel ? who invented it was found in the river later ?? ...as I don't think the large oil companies enjoyed him not wanted to sell his invention to them.

The Netherlands:
    about 1.5 Euro / L = 7.05 US$ / gallon
    I'm glad my 3D cnc will run on electricity
    and I have one of these instead of a car:
    http://www.ice.hpv.co.uk/trikes_micro.htm
    http://jwstolk.xs4all.nl/mill.htm

HAWAII = 2.49 reg to 2.69 premium
    HAWAII as of 9-14-2005 3.90 to 4.10
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 07-1820351505L.jpg  

man that trike looks great ... but i bet it's more than a motorcycle in cost .
    i think a guy built something like that to travel the US in with solar power, internet connection and all that and he wrote a book about it -- his log was updated daily from which the book script comes. it even had a trailer that probably housed his sleeping/tent/supplies. There is a lot of power in the legs and the lay down trike harnesses it quite well compared to the sit down version.

LEG POWER: Heather Stuecken, 7, of Marne, powers her way to a distance of 23 1/2 inches, Tuesday during the annual Pedal Pulling contest held at the Ottawa County Fair. 7.22.03
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PedalPull1.jpg  

I saw it for $2.59 today at a Mobil and a Citgo !!! woo hoo!!!

$2.79 in orlando

HAWAII
    Costco 3.29 - 3.49
    Aloha Gas 3.89 - 4.10

Quote Originally Posted by Brokengears
    HAWAII
    Costco 3.29 - 3.49
    Aloha Gas 3.89 - 4.10
    wow 2.69 --> 3.49 in 7 days, that's 0.80 incease in a week. gas price in florida has been dropping from $3.19 --->2.69 in 9days

Page 1 of 17 12311