586,033 active members*
3,495 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

DM 2400 refit.

OK after having a DM 2400 for a year or more and many other machines in various states of conversion I have decided to complete something before moving on. I just received a G0704 that I fully intend on converting much like Hoss or Ellik but too many projects are in the way. Plus it would be nice to have operable machines making parts for the conversions. This machine was purchased on Ebay and had everything but the pc and software. It originally had an error code that prevented further operation. Turns out cleaning a limit switch corrected this issue. I was able to machine using the built in membrane controller. It produces good finishes and is very sturdy for a benchtop. I spent many hours, weeks and or months trying to understand drip feeding and line limits etc. Finally I got fed up up gutted the controller. I refitted the power supply (not necessary as the original was still operable) and used a Gecko G540. I reused all of the steppers and limit switches. Again I just want to finish it and get it up and running so I can move on. This is how it was received.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0106.jpg   IMG_0107.jpg   IMG_0108.jpg   IMG_0109.jpg