586,042 active members*
3,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Multi fixture issues

I try to setup a part for multiple part machining, and Featurecam is not cooperating. I follow the steps, to use existing files, setup the fixture offsets, the multiple pieces, by adding files as the help menu says. But not all of the geometry comes in the new file. Just a couple features, and no solids. And I cant import any other data. This is my first time doing a multi setup, so not sure on this one.

I think its supposed to be this way now that i have messed with it more. It uses a main file that is existing for all modeling and programming, and loads it into the multi file program. This allows the user to only modify one model or program, and reload it into the multi setup. The solid model is purpopsely not brought into the file so that you cant change it. It forces you to change the main file.

Just an FYI

Mf files

I to find that you cannot edit mf files so you must make the main fm files are correct before importing them into multi fixture control

Ive noticed that. Its nice really. Im running three of the same part on my VF2.
    And when I need to make a change, i only have to change one, and reload it. Pretty simple control method if you ask me! I havent used Mastercam, since X2, but i dont think that has anything like this.