586,082 active members*
3,658 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Rhino 3D > setting rhino to default to inches?

Question setting rhino to default to inches?

how cani set the default in rhino to inches so I dont have to change it everytime I start a drawing? I have looked all over the menus and cant seem to find anywhere to set the default.

Darren

Setup Rhino How you want i.e. viewports, inches etc. then click FILE.... SAVE AS TEMPLATE.... name it inches or whatever you like.. After you have saved it Click FILE... NEW... select your Template you just saved and check the box that says "use this file when rhino starts"

Jeff T.

Use templates to set default units & tolerances...

From the Rhino3D help menu keyword "units":

Rhino can work in any unit system and with any tolerance. The default unit system is millimeters and the default tolerance is 0.01 millimeters. You can change the default unit system and tolerance by setting up a template. If you frequently need to work in more than one unit system or with more than one tolerance, set multiple templates.

Looks like Jeff beat me to the answer but I'll post this anyway since it's right from the mouth of Rhino.

Ah cool! i never even noticed the "use this file when rhino starts"
    Thanks!!
    Darren