586,584 active members*
2,834 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > When we start the machine,on the screen only ''Fadal'' writing and nothing happens

Unhappy When we start the machine,on the screen only ''Fadal'' writing and nothing happens

We are using Fadal 4020 Machining Center.We have some problems in machine.When we start the machine,on the screen only ''Fadal'' writing and nothing happens...Amplifier contactor of machine isn't active.I guess There is no connection between tb1 card and main board.k1 and k2 roleys can't be active.When we install Axis cardS,CPU,1030 card and VGA card to another machine,all of them work...I want you to help about this problem.Thank you very much.

Do the controller cards have a blinking red lights? if not, check power supply for 5 and 12 vdc.

i checked 5 v dc and 12 v dc they are ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resim529.jpg  

Make sure the are no keys stock in the keyboard; check the mollex connectors under the cards cage, check the amps if are on, voltage at blue cacitor should be 100 vdc

amplyfier power is ok. whic molex connector do you mean?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resim534.jpg  

Under all the cards w/ blinking lights (botton of mother board)

try swaping mill interface and clock cards with the other machine.check all signal wires going to the motherboard and power distribution boards.try leaving the rs232 cable unpluged from the communication card (possible electronic noise).there may be a sensor or board slowing down the cpu.try the cpu and other cards one at a time from the working machine and see if one is causing the issue or if it is the machine causing the issue.I also have seen the e-stop button on remote handwheels slow the cpu if the button is pressed in,if you even have a remote on this machine.

Has this machine ever worked, or is this a new installation?

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferguson View Post
    Has this machine ever worked, or is this a new installation?
    ever worked

Quote Originally Posted by alex gitzel View Post
    try swaping mill interface and clock cards with the other machine.check all signal wires going to the motherboard and power distribution boards.try leaving the rs232 cable unpluged from the communication card (possible electronic noise).there may be a sensor or board slowing down the cpu.try the cpu and other cards one at a time from the working machine and see if one is causing the issue or if it is the machine causing the issue.I also have seen the e-stop button on remote handwheels slow the cpu if the button is pressed in,if you even have a remote on this machine.
    thank yoou alex for your reply
    ı unplugged rs 232, ı checked 1030, and vga card, and cpu on working machine but nothıng happen. and ı unplug handwell i will check clock cards and milling interface

i need fadal technical manuel, have ?

Try another program module(1610-1); 1730-4; 1460-2 (expanded memory module).
    Reset the little top red botton on the cpu; that should reset all the cards and amps.

manuals

you can download the manuals from fadalcnc.com

how can ı by pass emg stop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resim530.jpg   Resim529.jpg   Resim533.jpg  

e-stop

you can jumper fuses f16 to f14 on the power distribution board to bypass the e-stop,the machine can not stop itself like this so be carefull.

Is not a 1100-1 board; so f16.14 are not available