586,471 active members*
3,473 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Haas TM-2

Haas TM-2

This is our first CNC Mill. We start courses next week, in the meantime, can anyone tell me how to switch into manual mode> We cannot figure out how to get the the digital readout to get to zero. Also, If anyone is interested in giving us some onsite training, I would be interested. We are in northern NJ. Thanks.

TM2 Manual mode

It should be the same as the TL1 so the sequence is Power On, wait until the controller boots up, Reset to clear the alarm, Auto Restart to zero the axes. When the axes are all zeroed the screen should read in red lettering Manual Mode and all you do is press write to get into manual mode. Now you can handle jog etc. If it gives you a Door Open message you will have to depress the little hand switch that has to be held down for automatic operation. It is hanging on the side of the controller.

When the screen is displaying the red Manual Mode or some other message in red pushing left < or right > cursor will step the display to other choices. Write will select whatever is in red and Cancel will take you back to the selection screen again.

Zero

Push the postion button. You suould have four sets of numbers. Machine,operator,work coordinate, and distance to go. Push the cursor down button till you have the operator page in front of you. Now push the letter of what axis you want to zero and then hit the origin button.

P.S
    To get machine to run without having to hold the button go to settings. Type in 51 and cursor down. Hit the right cursor button. Off will change to on and blink. Hit the write button. Door hold overide is now active and you do not need to hold the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P.
    P.S
    To get machine to run without having to hold the button go to settings. Type in 51 and cursor down. Hit the right cursor button. Off will change to on and blink. Hit the write button. Door hold overide is now active and you do not need to hold the button.
    Unless you power Off then repeat the above process. this is the same as the Door Overide for a VF/HS MILL
    My Bests,

Glenn Davis
    General Manager
    Engineering & Machining
    Lacefield Plastic LLC
    www.lacefieldplastics.com
    1148 West 3050 South Unit D
    Ogden, Utah 84401
    (P) 801-394-4990
    (F) 801-394-4247

no no .... They disabled the manual jog like whats on the tl1. Thats what I heard so??????

You can still manual jog the machine. we have a dec 05 Built machine.

If you go to handle jog, and push the axis button twice then hold it, it will jog. or use the wheel on the panel. Also the .0001. .001 .01 .1 buttons still apply or you can overide withthe wheel to really make it rapid.
    My Bests,

Glenn Davis
    General Manager
    Engineering & Machining
    Lacefield Plastic LLC
    www.lacefieldplastics.com
    1148 West 3050 South Unit D
    Ogden, Utah 84401
    (P) 801-394-4990
    (F) 801-394-4247

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P.
    P.S
    Unless you have a European spec machine. In that case setting 51 does not work (I forget, it may not even be there), there is no way to run the machine with the door open without physically disabling the door interlock. --ch

sorry I thought he was talking about the hand wheels???