586,804 active members*
6,683 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Getting ready to build

Hi Everyone, I'm still in the learning/ gathering phase of cnc but if someone was around the Kingman AZ. area I would sure like to get my hands on type training.
    I'm looking to build a router/ plasma cnc to start selling art at swap meets etc.
    Pretty close to starting the table build but the electronics are $$$ that I don't have right now. Thinking of a little table top router build using parts from a scanner and printer that I have. Need to figure out the motion controls.
    Anyway thanks for any help in advance. Maybe someone online, I can pdf and upload pics via e-mail of parts and we could talk that way.

Thanks, cutter100

Smile Still could use help

Well I purchased a joes 2006 table and now have the learning curve of the software...but I'm getting there.
    Anyone around the Kingman, Havasu AZ area using mach3 and vectric software would sure like some pointers.

Not in AZ, am in GA, however if you have not checked out Joe'sCNC forum, highly recommend that you do so. Members, as on CNCZone, are more that happy to provide assistance. I built JoesCNC R&P version and love it. Good luck.

Thanks

Thanks ddoggard, Igo to these sites often. Have learned a lot from them. The vectric Aspire and photovCarve have ( so far ) been quite easy to use :banana: and have made a couple pieces so far. I'll try to upload, still have a long way to go but having fun in the journey. The second one cracked the wood, the first pic was a good one. third one is called "missed opportunity."

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010005.jpg   P1010002.jpg   P1010003.jpg