586,036 active members*
3,540 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > ELECRTO CRAFT BSA 30 AMPLIFIER AND ALLEN BRADLEY SERVOS

ELECRTO CRAFT BSA 30 AMPLIFIER AND ALLEN BRADLEY SERVOS

Can any one help me with data sheets or user manuals for Electro Craft BSA 15 drive amplifier and Allen Bradley H 3016-N-H00AA servo motors.

I can currently get my hands on approx 25 of each and want to use some on my CNC that i am building.

Shall get some more data info on all of the equipment available today (8-07-11) but basically its strip out equipment from a load of redundent hospital equipment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ok a quick refresh as i am about to go to the storage yard to dismantle some more machines.

Each machine consists of a Electrocraft BSA 15 brushless servo amplifier and one h-3016-n-h00aa Allen Bradley servo motor along with 240V to 120V 6A power transformer and other associated electronics as yewt to be identified.

Also there are varoius bearing blocks with linear bearings fitted and end blocks and linear shafts and acme threads and lead screws so should be quite a bit of usefull material to use.

Shall post a full description of all the electronics later and kit salvaged but still looking for any data sheets at the moment regarding this kit.

Please any help on tech info would be greatly appreciated.

I have the data sheets on both, Allen Bradley (Rockwell) now own Electrocraft and that is an Electrocraft number.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

H series motor datasheet here.

What kind of machine do you have in mind to use this for?

-Jim Hart
    My main machine: Multicam MG series (MG101) with original Extratech H971 controller, Minarik servo motors, Electro-Craft BRU-series drives, 4KW Colombo. Let's talk Multicam!

Thanks for the info sheets.

Just in the first steps of building my cnc, but its giong to be used mainly for marking and cutting control panel doors for switches and lamps etc.

The reason for using these type of servos and drives is availability of them as i can get hold of quite a few at the moment so was going to try to use these.

Would this be a router type machine with a moving gantry?

Those are some pretty beefy motors!

-Jim Hart
    My main machine: Multicam MG series (MG101) with original Extratech H971 controller, Minarik servo motors, Electro-Craft BRU-series drives, 4KW Colombo. Let's talk Multicam!

Hi Boltz,
    Yes the design i am working on would be a moving gantry type.
    Along with servos and motors i have also managed to get a load of linear bearings and shafts and acme thread and lead screws so may adapt the design if possible to use some of this for the Y and Z axis.

I do agree though they are a bit beefy for the size of the rig i was thinking of with a total bed area of approx 800mm X 600mm for the average door size of a control panel.

May have to make a bigger shed first LOL.