586,115 active members*
3,453 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Need Help with New J-Cut 1212B machine.....

Need Help with New J-Cut 1212B machine.....

Guys looking for someone that can help me try and get my brand new out of the box J-Cut 1212B machine running.

This was supposedly setup to run Mach3, but I've tried all kinds of configurations to try and get it to run.

The best I can get is the steppers power on, the machine will act like its jerking when you try and jog any axis, Regardless of where the motor tuning is set at.

Nothing runs smoothly. I also can't get the spindles to fire up through Mach3. I am going to try some new settings on that tomorrow.

I was told that the controller would let Mach3 control the spindles. But now it sounds like they are saying it can't.

I ve tried to get a schematic for the wiring, as its a mess of wires in the control box. With none of them being marked or tagged in any way. So any maintenance down the road will be a complete nightmare.

I am at the point of scrapping the entire control system they supplied, and start fresh, install all new drivers, breakout board etc, and mark / tag all the wires so I know what wire is what inside there.

Very Frustrated with this machine. The customer service response is timely, but the responses don't offer any support. I can't seem to get a schematic of the electrical inside. I am not sure why they can't email a copy. So if anyone has one, I would greatly appreciate it.

To be honest at this point, I wish I would NOT have bought this machine. For all the frustration and headaches, I would have bought something locally used and paid more money for a real industrial machine. Live and learn. I am just hoping at this point I can at least get it to power up and move correctly.

Thanks
    Todd

Well more bad news....

LOTS AND LOTS OF METAL SHAVINGS IN THE MACHINE.

Took my employee 4 hours to clean them all out of the Linear rails and ball screws.

NUMEROUS STRIPPED SCREWS.

On way covers, Limit Switches, Pillow blocks and more.

Screws look to be rolled not ground screws, unless I am mistaken.

LOTS AND LOTS OF SAND left in the castings. That took forever to get out.

I ll have more info and took loads of pictures.

Todd

JCUT1212B

Thank the stars I read your thread I was about to buy one of the JCUT1212B machines
    Did you manage to get it going?
    Cheers
    PT

I have NOT been able to get this going.

There is NO wire Schematic available to the customer. So if you have a problem with something your pretty much up the creek. This is the first machine I have every bought that did not come with this information. I can't imagine not getting a schematic or layout of the machine.

Right now my plan is to scrap the entire control unit they gave me since I can't figure out what wire went where without major investigation and testing.

I will replace everything with quality internals, as the wiring gauge and numerous electrical components seem questionable. My electrician was surprised to see the gauge wire used, along with the connections.

So while I spent around $7000 on the machine, I'll be spending another $1500-2000 on top of that , just to make it operational.

This isn't a hobby machine for me, this was a small business purchase. Which so far has been the worst machine purchase I have made.

Customer service via email was good in the beginning, but support sucks.

Pictures shortly later today.

Thanks
    Todd

Here are just a couple pictures so you know what I am talking about.

Still no luck with the machine.

More broken parts, broken off taps etc.

Head ache after head ache with this.

CNC

HI Todd
    Sorry its not working out.
    I have decided to build my own.
    All the gear is now at home and I am keen to make it happen. Going to cost the same!! and it will be exactly what I am after.
    Cheers
    PT

Please share with us where you bought the J-Cut so someone else will not make the same mistake - Thanks