586,103 active members*
3,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Microkinetics CNC Express SQ Conversion

Microkinetics CNC Express SQ Conversion

Has anyone had experience with these mills? It looks like a straightaway ENCO conversion, but I can't seem to find any review on their MN4000 controller.

The application is a small machine shop looking to enhance/replace their current manual mill.

Thanks..

In this same section of the forum there is a section for Microkinetics CNC.

It has one post that doesnt look to promising. IMHO I would look else where's.

What are you wanting to do, or needing? A complete CNC machine, or a kit?

There is not much out there as far as kits for a RF-45 machine but there are a few turn key options. The IH or the Tormach are really nice setups but IH seems to be a bit behind right now.

The Tormach has stayed steady with great custumer support and many happy buyers. The machine and the lectronics have done well for almost everyone. Small problems may come up every now and then but they get taken care of.

You start spending this kinda money you would do good to go with someone that has proven track record.

Jess

Re: Microkinetics CNC Express SQ Conversion

Their controller is very limited... When tied to their software you have no configuration control cannot add additional axis or change a failed one etc.

Photo of my MN400 Controller has a M2- Limit Error

I have it ready to debug with a Jtag just have to find the time to do it. You will get no help form Microkinetics they will offer but when it comes down to acting they back out!

Machines: Grizzly G0704 Mill W/ 3-Axis DRO | Birmingham 12X36 Lathe W/ CNC Retrofit PMDX-126/107 W/ESS 3ph W/ WJ200 VFD