586,105 active members*
3,260 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

6x12 with water table

Hello my name is Andy, I joined a month or so ago and said a little in the introductory forum. Since then I have been working on getting my cutting table ready for the gantry I ordered, getting close now, so much to getting it right the first time or what i think is right. I read and viewed Plain O'Bill's work and many others. The thermal Dynamics sketch was great, it shows the workings of a water table in a nutshell. I added a twist to the table frame by making it a two piece where the top rectangle frame which has the tracks can roll forward off of the front of the water tank and gives me around 26" of clearance so that if needed i can bring in items that are too tall to fit under the gantry.
    Added some pictures from my phone, waiting for the correct control box for my PM1650 so the fun can begin.

Andy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails water tank.JPG   plasma table.JPG   plasma table 2.JPG  

Nice looking progress!

Hworks,

Nice work on your table. It looks like you put plenty of thought into the design before you started. I like the idea of the gantry being able to travel past the end of the table. I wish I had incorporated that design into my table during the build. When you say 2 piece, do you mean a removeable section? Or just spliced gear rack?

As you mentioned it would allow you to cut taller parts than can normally fit under the gantry as well as being an out of the way gantry parking area when loading large sheets. For my application I would like to engrave some parts that are about 20" tall. Either way the extension adds alot to your tables capability.

Thanks for sharing.

Magma-joe

Thanks guys for the kind words, I'm new to forums etc, I was surprised to see my post worked.
    Magma-Joe, I followed your thread with great interest, nice work and great dedication. I will post better photos next week of my table and hopefully I will have the control box I need to run the table. I could not decide on whether to get the new pm85 or old reliable Pm1650. I decided on power + new torch design so I got the 1650 powersource and ordered the duramax torch with additional 100amp tips, so we will see!!

Hworks

That's clever! If I see it right, you can pull up with a pallet on a forklift and roll/slide the rails over it and zero out and cut right on the forks or whatever you have the part placed on? The water table looks great. What kind of work are you going to be doing with it?

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Some more pictures , finally!

I've had a little time today to put some pictures of my table in action. The first 3 are of the table build, then my first real job for the table was building this hopper which was fun trying to learn CAD and DT software at the same time. the last 3 show the gantry working off the table top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Water table build 019.jpg   Water table build 023.jpg   Water table build 006.jpg   table cuts 019.jpg  

table cuts 021.jpg   table cuts 028.jpg   table cuts 041.jpg   table cuts 042.jpg  

table cuts 043.jpg