586,103 active members*
2,687 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Borsh 9060 from cncdiy.org

Hi-ho,

Anyone have experience of this machine?

Reading posts on here and some other stuff Google turned up for me it seems the cncdiy machines are good value although the electronics lets them down some times.

I'm thinking of buying a machine only package from cncdiy and running it with a Gecko G540 on it..

Or have they got their electronics issues under control now?

This is the machine here: https://sites.google.com/site/cncdiyorg/9060

Alternately, anyone know of a similar size/duty machine for around the $2k mark out of China? I'm not interested in a 'full sized' unit like the jcut etc, more of an overgrown table-top style of unit. Happy to be convinced otherwise. :-)

Cheers, Me.

One teeny, tiny bump...

I can't find many people talking about this machine at all, although a few seem to sell in Europe but the pictures I found of it appeared to have a cast bed, not the built-up one shown on the cncdiy site.

Cheers, Me.

I've bought mine 3 month ago (shipped to france). Electronics was a pity, specially stepper control. I changed it. Spindle electronics was ok, but cooling was really bad. I had to lift the board and insert a 120mm fan, temperature controlled. Before that modification, the board was stopping to work after 20/30min of milling @12000 rpm.

I also used a processor watercolling dissipator, with 2 fans of 120mm (also temperature controlled) inserted in the water circuit of spindle, since i've noticed @12000rpm, spindle could go up to 70/80 celcius degrees.

For more informations, see my thread on Step loose & VFD controler overheat on BORCH 9060

Now, works fine, and is a good value for the price. But it needs some tweaking... i can't say it"s plug and play...

Hi ewidance..

Welcome to cnczone.

I actually saw your post on those forums and bookmarked it for the comment on EMC2 as that's what I use. :-)

If I do get the cncdiy machine I'll probably go 'machine only' as I've seen a few comments about controller/vfd issues. I think it'd be easier if I used a Gecko 540 and a separate spindle from the start, and I'm happy setting up those bits, it's the mechanics I can't build well.

Are you able to post some general detail photos of your 9060? There are not a lot of detailed photos around of these machines yet. There are lots of comments/images about the smaller ones but I get the impression that the 9060 is quite new...

Cheers, Chris H.