586,068 active members*
3,706 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Arrow 500 with A2100 cnc

I am getting Alarm = Spindle speed not up to speed (CR_SPDL_SPD), even I went thru display option commanded speed vs feed back speed, but did not find any differance. How do I do balance or drift setting?
    Is it resolver or spindle drive problem?
    Is there any need of spindle drive tuning?
    How do I use Motion link software?
    Since I am not familier with Acramatic cnc system, Please somebody help me.

You should be able to run motion link through the spindel drive unit in the back of your machine,its marked VFS5 and has a connection for your computor,im not sure if thats a tuneable problem but there is a guy by the name of Mike Killroy on this site who repairs those units and should be able to put you straight if thats what the problem is.Regards Greg.

Find out where you are losing the 24VDC signal which tells the control the spindle is at speed. There were some variations based on the vintage of the machine, so be sure to check your prints and not just assume the numbers I'm giving here are accurate.

The basic way this signal works is when the spindle motor reaches the programmed speed, the drive outputs a signal indicating it is at speed. This output from the drive closes CR13, and the output wire from CR13 brings the spindle at speed signal to the control on Input 24 after going through 1 or more plugs (depending on vintage).

You should look at your prints to verify the points where you can check for voltage, but CR13 should be pretty easy for you to find and determine if the contacts are closing properly and if you are getting the 24VDC into and out of the contactor.

Based on what you find at CR13, you should be able to determine if you need to replace the relay, or if the problem is in front of or after the relay so you know where to look next.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, Could you also send me a manual for VFS5?
    from where I can find out CR13 output?
    I have a electrical diagram of cincinnati arrow 500 but do not have VFS5 connection manual. As I did not find any details of CR13 in electrical diagram, It has only line diagram.
    VFS5 output connector pin configuration?
    Please send me more details.

need help?

Still no sucess, as per drawing it's CR23. I have checked this relay output. Normally it stays in ON condition and when spindle command is given it's go back to OFF position. What i did is I swapped NO to NC contact, Then I commanded 200 RPM, It is working, without any alarm upto 600 RPM but If I commanded more than 600 RPM then Alarm appeared spindle speed is not up to speed within 2 sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    Find out where you are losing the 24VDC signal which tells the control the spindle is at speed. There were some variations based on the vintage of the machine, so be sure to check your prints and not just assume the numbers I'm giving here are accurate.

The basic way this signal works is when the spindle motor reaches the programmed speed, the drive outputs a signal indicating it is at speed. This output from the drive closes CR13, and the output wire from CR13 brings the spindle at speed signal to the control on Input 24 after going through 1 or more plugs (depending on vintage).

You should look at your prints to verify the points where you can check for voltage, but CR13 should be pretty easy for you to find and determine if the contacts are closing properly and if you are getting the 24VDC into and out of the contactor.

Based on what you find at CR13, you should be able to determine if you need to replace the relay, or if the problem is in front of or after the relay so you know where to look next.

Quote Originally Posted by rai View Post
    ...............Could you also send me a manual for VFS5?
    I would be happy to email you the vfs5 manuals if u list ur email address or pm me.

Thanks
    my email id is
    [email protected]
    Kindly help me to solve my problem as still no sucess..............
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    I would be happy to email you the vfs5 manuals if u list ur email address or pm me.

two manuals sent.

I´m not sure that you have problems with the spindle drive.

But the motion link software could be download from http://marianevej.dk/Default.aspx?pg...b-1991d2306328

You need a nud Cable to connect the Laptop to the driver.

with the motion link you have to check what is the alarm code that the driver is sending and after that please send me the alarm code to give you more instructions

take care

more than likely u have a bad resolver or a bad cable from resolver
    to spindle drive ,,,u need to ohm out cable ..is there a fault on spindle drive..?...it sounds like there is no feedback...im factory trained on this model and is a common problem..the cable ends come lose..the cable gets tight in the track from head up and down.. check the connections

raj has not told us what his problem is enough to begin to diagnose any problem.

he seems he says it runs somewhere between 200 and 600rpm ok then faster gives upto speed error; this means his resolver, cables, and vfs5 spindle and motor are fine.

until he tells us in plain English what his problem is we cannot really help him.

Thank you very much for sending me manuals for VFS5, Sorry for my delayed response. earlier i gave 100 RPM command, it runs for 20 sec then alarm = Spindle speed not up to speed (CR_SPDL_SPD) then I checked the spindle output signal (Spindle speed = Commaned speed) as per drawing it's CR23. I have checked this relay output. Normally it stays in ON condition and when spindle command is given it's go back to OFF position. What i did is I swapped NO to NC contact, Then I commanded 200 RPM, It is working, without any alarm upto 600 RPM but If I commanded more than 600 RPM then Alarm appeared spindle speed is not up to speed within 2 sec.
    How do i check/ test resolver?
    How do I tune spindle drive with motionlink?
    which software is suitable for VFS5? as I have motion link plus & motion link dos softwares.
    Kindly help me, give some guide lines to solve my problem.

rai, u have schematic u said; now that you have the vfs5 manuals, trace ur cr23 relay back to the drive c7 or c8 connector and find which output it is. then use softwarre to watch that output while you command speed. say it is output 4 for example: P O4 enter and it will Print O4 state (1 or 0 for on or off).

upto speed is a programmed output; is the program in the drive??

u want to use motionlink PLUS not motionlink. if you dont have a new version of it, u can get here:

http://www.kollmorgen.com/en-us/prod...vsp_vsl/#tab_2

send me the 3 files out of the drive if u want me to look at them for you and see if corrupt maybe. top of motionlink plus tabs for TL,program, and variables. go to each, pick upload from drive icon, save to files and send me ifu want.

Rai

To use motion link or motion link plus you have to use a null cable.

If you get the communication with the driver check the alarm code in the alarm history in the motion link and send us.

Maybe you have a problem with the power supply of your driver.

regards

I tried to take out TL, Prog & Variable files but I got "Err 114 DUMP-LOCKED"
    Then I cleared error history file. after that I tried to run machine, surpisingly it was working. I do not know what was the problem, It might be corruption in the drive. Now I am facing a problem that whenever I try to give spindle command 2000 Rpm it runs 1200 Rpm.
    Thanks for your support

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    rai, u have schematic u said; now that you have the vfs5 manuals, trace ur cr23 relay back to the drive c7 or c8 connector and find which output it is. then use softwarre to watch that output while you command speed. say it is output 4 for example: P O4 enter and it will Print O4 state (1 or 0 for on or off).

upto speed is a programmed output; is the program in the drive??

u want to use motionlink PLUS not motionlink. if you dont have a new version of it, u can get here:

http://www.kollmorgen.com/en-us/prod...vsp_vsl/#tab_2

send me the 3 files out of the drive if u want me to look at them for you and see if corrupt maybe. top of motionlink plus tabs for TL,program, and variables. go to each, pick upload from drive icon, save to files and send me ifu want.

rai,

remind us what this machine is please.

u can upload the motor TL file - it does NOT say locked; var & prg does - it is a proprietary program then from the machine mfgr then.

u r describing the typical problem of a worn out RAM battery chip. w/o the prg and var files u cannot replace this chip urself or the drive will become useless. tell us the machine model and name.

we can fix this for you but u r very far away... pm me if interested. perhaps u may be interested in doing this over the internet.