586,082 active members*
3,918 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TB6560 Problem!!!

I have a problem with the controller TB6560 and software MACH3. The problem is that the motors do not rotate and very warm. Set MACH3 I properly set up as it says on the instructions. What should I do?

The controller is a model TB6560 (HY-M-TB3DV 3Axis)
    Engines are: NEMA23 1.5A
    Power supply: 24v 15a

Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks!

Can you measure the voltage on the pins of the 25-pin connector?

Do you have close to 5 volts or close to 3 volts? Some people who have LPT ports that only put out 3.3 volts have trouble using that board.

What are your DIP switch settings?

Does your cable have straight-through connections? (Pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, etc.)

What pin numbers did you use for step, direction, and enable for the X, Y and Z axes?

Hello!

Currently I can not measure the voltage, if I do not know where the pin.

You tell me, what is correct DIP settings? There are currently No. 2 and 6 off.

Quote Originally Posted by alese View Post
    Hello!

so, if my documentation is applying also to your board, your dip settings mean your board is set at 75% current and 1/2 microstep.

75% current settings mean you set the board at 0.75 x 3A = 2.25A which is a little bit more for your steppers (1.5A)

theoretically, you should set the board at 50% current settings (DIP no.1 OFF and DIP no.2 ON)

regarding the microstep settings, you have to made some testing and compare results until your machine is running as good as possible.
    you can start with the 1/16 microstep settings (DIP no.5 OFF and DIP no.6 ON) but keep in mind you have to corelate this settings with Mach's settings.

as example, if you have TR16x4 trapezoidal screws (4mm per rotation) and you use 1/16 microstep setting, you have 800 steps per milimeter.

regarding pins assignment, there are a lot of variants for this kind of board.
    you can try with the following settings:

X-Enable: PIN 4
    X-Dir: PIN 1
    X-Step: PIN 16
    Y-Enable: PIN 17
    Y-Dir: PIN 7
    Y-Step: PIN 14
    Z-Enable: PIN 5
    Z-Dir: PIN 6
    Z-Step: PIN 3

Good luck and best regards

Sounds like you're using the same boards I offer, it would seem you have your motors wired incorrectly, without photos and more description it would be hard to help you...

Take some photos of your motor to board wiring... Confirm the motors are good with another controller if possible... Need more information from you...

If you have a hard time with vendor support, I can offer a replacement board tested and guaranteed for cost to get you going... TB-6560AHQ chips, these are the higher amperage chips...

I am having the same problem, but only one of my axis turn, and that is only in one direction! I bought them from Wantai Motors but they aren't offering much help, they gave me a badly translated manual and that is all, they keep telling me I have wired it wrong, but I did it just as they said! I spoke to a pro about this, and he said that he has the same board, he said it is hard to determine without experimenting with it but he thinks there may be bad solders! At this stage I would NOT recommend buying from Wantai Motors!

you can try replacing the optocouplers
    if you don't have other optocouplers as spare parts you can remove the optocouplers from the switches inputs and try with them.

problem with tb6560
    problem is tb6560 is gating step pulse when i m start other electric equipment please help me

Quote Originally Posted by alese View Post
    Hello!

The Dip settings are not the problem, DIP is an acronym for "dual in-line package" You need to configure the "Ports and Pins" in Mach3
    Each board that contains the TB6560 IC is different, you need to figure out what pins activate "enable" the axis and what pin is for the "direction" Some boards will not work properly with Mach3 because of the way they are constructed, a "Blue" TB6560 board from E-bay may couse problems if the board is using pin #1 as an "Enable" pin for one of the axis because this is an Enable all pin in Mach3, aka reserved.
    For a video of the Blue and red board working with mach3 visit tb6560 driver board on a Rep-Rap machine and Red TB6560 driver board

Re: TB6560 Problem!!!

Amina this is in response to your question...

"i have problem with my tb6560. X and Z axis motors work fine. Y axis motor starts to run uncontrollably (and it gets hot) when i plug tb6560 to power. It twitches during that movement. I can't jog it with Mach3, the only time when Y axis motor doesn't is when RESET button is blinking, when i hit it its starts to move again
    i hocked up everything correct and setup mach3 and checked out numerous time, and don't have idea whats wrong
    Does anyone have a solution?"

The Motor will get warm because you're sending power to it so don't worry about that, they can take enough heat to burn you but not harm them; now you say the Y motor moves uncontrollably, you probably also notice no torque when you grip the shaft, this can be caused from exposed wires shorting on the power supply case or from not connecting the wires properly.

the Reset button will stop movement but the motors should still be energized, I suggest just checking the wiring to start, if you still have the problem maybe consider cutting the old TB6560 IC off the PCB and soldering on a new one, but it does sound like a wiring problem.