586,069 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fault code

Fault code

I have a fault code on my display, but don't know what it means.
    The code is 704007 on a Boss 5. And I can not reset it.
    I hope someone know this codes.

Thanks.

I have tried to get a definitive list of these theoretical fault codes but could never nail anyone down on them. Yes, I have seen 70007 many times and it was the LSI-11 99% of the time. The only other fault you can be sure of is if you see the ERR LED lit. This means your ERS board is having difficulty. There are some things I would try if I was there:
    Are all the fans working? Especially the one beneath the logic boards?
    Have you removed each board made sure it was clean and cleaned the edge connector with a SOFT PINK ERASER? Yhen reseated them firmly?
    Have you checked the logic voltage? This is very critical. But I check it at the terminal strip just to the right of the logic cards. There are 3 small light blue wires in a row and 3 small lavender wires in a row. The blue and lavender next to each other are the 5VDC. Go out one wire in each direction and you will be measuring the 12VDC. The two outside wires are the negative 12VDC. They are adjusted by the small board in the white logic supply. The potentiometers are multi turn devices and are labeled on the board.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I measure all the voltage, and are all good. I also clean the boards with specials electronic cleaner.
    I don't have a ERR LED lid. I have some other LED's lid, the RUN LED, GOTO LED and HOLD led are lid.
    So the problem it still there

I am surprised your display does not show 70007. It soulds like your LSI-11 is not functioning. Re-seat it. Also try the reset switch in the tape reader cabinet. Most BOSS machines will boot correctly with just turning on the power but they had a service bulltin that this is not to be trusted and to use the reset switch.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The reset switch is the first thing I tried, but nothing.
    I take out the LSI-11 and start the machine but still the same fault code. So I take out the other cards but leave the XDI card. Still the same problem. I think it is somewhere on the XDI card.

The logics are not working because the processor is not running (LSI-11). That is why those LEDs are lit. The XDI card interfaces with the display card in the pendant.

George