586,060 active members*
3,888 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > need help identifying mystery oiler fitting on Asian mill

need help identifying mystery oiler fitting on Asian mill

Hi guys;

Simple question - I'm rebuilding an old specialty mill that has a one-shot oiler, an Asian copy of the standard 80's bijur type, by a company called "flyhorse"

It works OK, but all the oil lines on the machine are rotted, and I have to replace them.

This machine uses a metric compression fitting that I'm not familiar with. (To be frank, I'm not terribly familiar with any compression fittings, hydraulics are not my thing).

It's a 4mm tube with a 6mm flare ridge about 6mm back from the free end. A free spinning 8mm nut drives it into mating fittings on the oil manifolds.

Please see the attached pdf for more accurate information.

Some of these fittings are salvageable, but some are missing, so I need to find some more of these parts.

The problem is I don't know what they're called, and this is one of those cases where without an exact name, Google is a spectacular failure (no matter what I try, I get about 3 million hits for farm tractor fittings - not particularly helpful).

Nobody in town knows what they're called either.

Anybody know what these things are called, and even better, where I can get a handful?

- Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

Go to McMaster Carr, they have about every type tubing/fitting setups ever made. They do metric tubings and fittings also. I am not %100 sure they have exactly what you are working with but I am sure they have something that willl work.

They have a Push to Connect setup that would work real good.

Jess

Contact Bejuir I'll bet they have what your looking for or have a superior replacement.

>> Go to McMaster Carr, they have about every type tubing/fitting setups ever made.

My first thought.

Sadly, I seem to have found the one industrial part on the face of the Earth that McMaster does not stock.

(By the way, has anybody ever been in their warehouse? What does it look like? Is it big enough to have it's own weather? Can you see it from space?)

>> Contact Bejuir I'll bet they have what your looking for or have a superior replacement.

I wish. Sadly, the real Bejuir uses a normal, easily found fitting.

That doesn't intermate.

If it were only that one connector, I'd just change it, but I have several... well... oil manifolds on the machine, and that makes me motivated to find the fittings rather than replacing them or modifying them to use a more common part.

Do a google search for Brass Olives and you will find what you are after