586,640 active members*
2,873 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > HELP PLEASE!!! My Fadal Is Stuck

HELP PLEASE!!! My Fadal Is Stuck

Hello all,
    I have a problem here. I have had it once before and somehow got it to release but not so lucky this time.
    OK heres the deal. I have a fadal 3016.
    My Y axis (table) is pushed all the way to the back of the machine wall and has hit the limit switch which has emergency stopped the machine.
    Problem is everytime I try to jog it or even hit the jog button it triggers an error 18 saying there is an amplifier issue. What is happening (I beleive) is that the limit switch is constantly triggered so whenever I try to pull it from the limit it hits again, so my table is just stuck. Cant jog it anywhere. I know it is not an amplifier issue as this has happened before and also my amplifier was recently replaced. I need to somehow manually move my table just far enough to release it from the limit?
    Is there any easy way of doing it. I have heard I can crank the ballscrew but it is a pain in the ass. Anyone know how to move this table about a 1/2"?
    Thank in advance for the help.
    Jay

You have to make sure the machine is off, and rotate the ball screw by hand.

There are only 4 screws holding the front cover to the saddle,take them off and pull the cover back, you will be able to get at the end of the screw.if you have to clamp something on the screw the very end of the thread is not used so do it there,the table should release by turning cw.