586,036 active members*
3,917 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ballscrews for hm-46 mill

Hi Guys
    I m hm-46,and I m new in this forum.I hope that you guys would be able to give me some helps with my cnc conversion.I want to convert my manual mill to cnc,and so far I have ordered a cnc kit from Keling in the State,now I m trying to order a complete set of ballscrews from linearmotionbearing2008 but I don't know how to choose the right set for my mill ,can you guys give me some advice how to do this and what to look .My mill model is hm-46 and the lead screw size is 20mm.
    Thank,

Hi

My brother is doing the same thing as we speak.
    He just bought the HM46, He's got all the controller gear and bought 20mm ball screws from linearmotionbearings.
    Mearsure the lenghts you need and also let him know the sizes for machined ends then he will list them on ebay and you buy it.

Michael

ballscrews for hm-46

Hi,mkc2
    Thank you for reply,and looking forward to hear from you guys again

hm-46

HM46 CNC conversion - ball screw questions...

G'day guys,
    Yes, another HM46 CNC conversion... I have been measuring my existing screws so that I can order ball screws. I am a bit in the dark on what info I need to provide. I have ordered my 4 axis CNC kit - it will be a while yet before it arrives.
    Do you guys order a length of screw and machine it to suit your mill and drives ? or do you order exactly what you want?
    This is my problem, I don't really know what I want - note that I am a 3D draftsman - not a machinist - this conversion is so that I can make parts for my scale RC helicopters....
    My existing X & Y screws measure 22mm outside diameter of the screw thread and the Z is 24mm outside diameter of the screw. Do I order the new ball screws with a similar outside thread diameter as the old screws. If anyone has any sketches they can post, would be appreciated - or maybe a link to a thread...
    Thanks,
    Jim