586,347 active members*
3,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Another Dynapath question

Another Dynapath question

So yesterday I loaded a program created in Mastercam. When I ran it, it made an unexpected X,Y move. When I looked at the code (dynapath conversational) I noticed there was a call for a different work offset after the first x,y move that I didn't put in. Long story short, the I found that after a program gets done loading in the controller, the controller then "edits" it. It this case, the controller added a work offset change (E02$) after the first x,y move.
    My question is, is there any way to make the controller NOT edit the code after it's loaded?

thanks

The controller does not "edit" code upon loading (although it says that's what it's doing.) It's really checking the formatting of the events that have been loaded. It may have misinterpreted an event because of missing or garbled characters. Were there any characters missing in the file that was loaded?

It almost sounds like the post-processor forgot to put parentheses around the E character used to indicate an G code event and it looked to the controller like a fixture offset command.

I post the code with line numbers in increments of 10. When i look at the code after it has been loaded in the controller there is a new line number N155 E02$ that is not in the code on the cimco dnc software. The only place it could be coming from is the controller

You could be merging lines with the active part program. If this is happening, the part program you are loading has no name at the beginning (an 8 character name enclosed in parentheses on the first line) or the name is identical to what's currently active in the control's part catalog.

Go into the Catalog mode and erase or rename the active program. Make sure that whatever program name is highlighted has zero characters, then load your program. I'll bet the N155 line will now be gone.

yeah, thats what i was thinking as well, that it was only overwriting the new lines and leaving the old. my post processor for mastercam doesn't have fixture offsets, that i know of.... , so i have to manually add mine, which saves me the trouble of making these types of mistakes. sometimes i wish i had it tho....
    care to share your post processor?

There are no other programs in the controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane123 View Post
    yeah, thats what i was thinking as well, that it was only overwriting the new lines and leaving the old. my post processor for mastercam doesn't have fixture offsets, that i know of.... , so i have to manually add mine, which saves me the trouble of making these types of mistakes. sometimes i wish i had it tho....
    care to share your post processor?
    What version of mastercam are you using?

i have x3 at work, x5 at home. thinking of upgrading to x5 at work as soon as i learn the changes. Right now its easier for me to use x3 till then.......

by the way, if you are looking for a good drip feed program for your tree, may i suggest multi-dnc . very good program and an awesome editor for editing your program after it has been spit out by mastercam. alot of fun tricks in multi-dnc.