586,058 active members*
3,889 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

751 spindle alarm (AL-30)

Hi all,

i have a mori seiki MV40 with fanuc 16 series controller, which have been problematic ever since i had it.
    Awhile ago, it starts up really slowly, meaning i need to wait around 30 mins before the CRT display turns on. Then on one fine day, it doesn't start up anymore, then i had someone to come to fix the problem, it turns out to be a problem at the I/O section.

now that the starting up problem have been solved, the parameters have been re-entered, i now have this alarm showing up every time the code M5 is run.

sometimes it shows as:
    - 751 spindle alarm (AL-30) or
    - EX451 spindle unit alarm.

my question is, do they mean the same thing?
    and if the problem is of AL-30(which is a overcurrent in input circuit), in the maintenance manual, it says to remove cause and reset, but i have no clue on where to remove the problem or where to start searching for the problem.

i'm sorry if the information i give is too little, and if i sound too noobish, i've tried searching from google and found little information.

thx for any kind of help.

Ex is just a machine side alarm, of the same fanuc alarm. Over current alarm could be a drive, contactor set or even spindle motor, although I don't see those fail too often, being an integral spindle.

hi there, first of all thx for your help.

in the process of waiting for help, i've tried running the spindle in low RPMs, and it runs ok without any alarm, but when i increase it to above 2000RPM, the alarm occurs after the code M5.

contactor set seem to run fine. so it's down to the drive or spindle motor.
    is there any chance that some of the parameters might be wrong?

Smile Remedy

Beside the Spindle Amplifier there is an unit called PSM , Inside PSM Along with The IGBT one circuit is there that is called the Regenerative Circuit , That is a cause , Next -= See the condition of Gear BOX, and Gear Change Position of Machine If Spindle is having a Gear Box. If problem Persist please feel free to communicate me on [email protected]

Yes, it could be a parameter, not sure what one though, probably motor/drive type. It can also be the re-gen circuit in the drive. The spindle should change windings around 2000 RPM, so it could even be a timer for the high low contactor set, but unlikely.