586,089 active members*
3,757 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Problem With Syil X5 plus and Mach3

Problem With Syil X5 plus and Mach3

Hi I'm new at the forum and in the CNC world, i just purchase and Syil X5 Plus, install the mach3 with the XML profile, and i had a problem i just can't remove the rest button it said External EStop Requested, i tried to change the low active, i check the emergenci button on the machine and nothing happens.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Many Thanks
    Daniel
    Santiago Chile

Pardon for stating the obvious, but is the emergency stop button on the machine depressed?

I know that gave me pause a few times

well i check the EStop and is not depressed, maybe is LPT port

In diagnostic, does the status change on the E-stop input?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Well in the diagnosis everything looks ok, i change between the XML that appear on syil china website for the XML from syil america and the External EStop Requested dissapear, but i can't control the machine via Pc.

this is betting a little bit fustrating

Hello

I have (again) exatly the same problem with the external e-stop. Exept that that mine X5regular did work very well before.

I had this same problem when i tried it first time but then i did something with the machine paraller port and suddenly it started to work. Now this same fault came back after 3 months.

I cant do anything with the machine right now. Mach 3 doesn't respond e-stop button or homing switches. I have tried to use another computer, check loose wires / plugs etc. all parts and cables looks good.

Yes in my case hapened the same, two days ago came a friend that has the same machine here in Chile, he checked the wires checked mach3 config and then start to work fine but yesterday the machine start again with the same error, in diagnosis M3 light is on and in pins i have less lights on, i'm going to check the Z home swicht and in the computer i will put another PCI parallel port card and maybe also change the power supply to another With more watts. I can't figure out what else could be the problem, and i also try another XML file that Mr Wang send me, this file is different from the One that is on the site, i will Post it Soon.

I don't know much about these, but i found suspicious component from control board? Looks that this small chip is burned? Damn i just got it work properly and now this came up. Today i planned to take first chips..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X5board.jpg  

It's now confirmed, the chip is burned. I saw it with my own eyes when the smoke comes out of it. I had also a blown fuse in control board, fuse is ok until i release the e-stop switch.

I think the chip type is ULN2003A.

That is a 1/2A silicon fuse. Most likely uln2003, as was said, but make sure. Could be a uln2004.
    To remove, cut all of the legs individually with tiny sharp cutters.
    Don't try to unsolder it.
    Once you have cut it off, a quick touch with the soldering iron will clean off the leg remnants.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Thanks for your help. I did contact to Syil support and they send me a new control board. Great customer service!

Hello excuse me my late response, i was so bussy, well in my case i made a ground in the house bold beacuse this old house does not have it, and the machine start to work fine, but this last weekend the house owner, change all electrical circuit from the house and today the problem start again, i had to deactivate the EStop from mach3, because i was unable to work in CNC mode. It seems that is an electrical noise problem.

The problems is: in mach3 appears External Estop Requested, and in diagnostics the M3 appers on yellow (that's the Z home), and the machine can't homing 'cause does not stop in the Z home.

Best Regrads.
    Daniel

it is good heard your both solve the problems.
    daniel machine it is 2011 model,more Reliable than 2010 model
    becuase it is Frequnce motors and VFD,both use taiwan brand products.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Hello

Today i received the new control board. It's working again! Do you have any idea why the chip burned? Can i somehow prevent this happening again?

Thanks to syil for good customer service and fast shipping.

Probably external short, or faulty load being driven by the burnt chip.
    Or bad external voltage fed back into system, eg. a poorly grounded PC.
    Without 100% opto coupling this is what can happen.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.