586,868 active members*
4,038 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Hurco BMC20 Post Prosser help

Hi, I have been running haas machines for 3 years and moved into a larger shop with an 91 hurco bmc20. I am having trouble posting code from my CAM software that will work on the hurco. My problem is begining and ending lines and arcs. I have stack of manuals, but nothing is working. Does anyone have a post prosessor file for UPG that will work with the Hurco?

Hi,

Did you have any luck finding one? I need the same thing but I am having a hard time location one.

Thanks.

Nope, no luck here.

Hurco Post

Moorport, I had a similar problem with a 'Max 32' Hurco similar to 'Ultimax 3'. I had the post Processor set to output incremental arc centers instead of absolute arc centers. Our Hurco has to have absolute arc centers, the post has to start with "%" and end with "E". Not sure this will help - ours is a little older 1986, that was upgraded in '97 to Max 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle1
    Moorport, I had a similar problem with a 'Max 32' Hurco similar to 'Ultimax 3'. I had the post Processor set to output incremental arc centers instead of absolute arc centers. Our Hurco has to have absolute arc centers, the post has to start with "%" and end with "E". Not sure this will help - ours is a little older 1986, that was upgraded in '97 to Max 32.
    Thanks, I figured that one out soon after my original post, but I still cant figure out drilling canned cycles so I use my haas when I need to drill holes, or go back through and manualy edit the program.

Can you tell me how to manually write the programs and edit in Hurco BMC-20?

Thanks
    Steve

dynapath delta 20

I hope someone answers you I need the same info.
    Todd

post processor for Hurco--- solution

hi,

For Hurco BMC30 (ultimax II ) you need to output absolute arc center (i,j control dosen't recocnize 'R' ) and just add G75 in start block and end programme with 'E'

Javed

I run a VMX30 and it was a shock to me also, with the hurco bmc code the drilling cycle has all positive Z's and no R plane but you can have an extra Z ahead of the peck Z that acts as a first peck and return point? very strange.I got my boss to get the ISNC softwear for the machine that will make it act just like a fanuc control so I can post right from mcam.
    Forrey

hurco post for gibbs?

So does anyone know if there is a Hurco max 32 post for gibbs?

I Have two Kitamura Mycenter one with Fanuc 6 controllers and 3M displays with Master cam 9 MPFAN or MPBASIC it
    puts out a G54 And the a axes It workes if I edit it out,
    and put in a safty line (G90 xxxxxx G28 0 befor the the tool
    change...
    Dose anyone have a post pr. that work's on these older
    Mills?? Or do you Knon of someone that, could write one
    or modafie MPBASIC Frank M.

Pleae list what lines in programme u dont require and what additional u want to be included in NC file. Mastercam postprocessor file can be edited to our requirement.

Javed