586,545 active members*
3,161 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 179 of 184 79129169177178179180181
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

very interesting. would be good to compare cutting now.

We had a look at the incoming signal to the drive, which is coming from a pwm signal from mach3 through the breakout board
    The signal should be from Mach3 to DAC then to the drives 0-10V input. Technically, it should be a "clean" voltage to the drives input.

I bet this is causing you lots of problems.

Defeng should know this, and yes it matters for AMC drives, so yours isn't that different..

We have just done a few more tests, I'd like to start a new thread for this, any suggestions where I should put it, in the Mikini section?, any where else? ( be nice )

Isn't there a skyfire forum?

Quote Originally Posted by G59 View Post
    The signal should be from Mach3 to DAC then to the drives 0-10V input. Technically, it should be a "clean" voltage to the drives input.

I bet this is causing you lots of problems.

Defeng should know this, and yes it matters for AMC drives, so yours isn't that different..
    while a noisy analogue signal could cause the spindle speed to fluctuate (usually the input is filtered heavily though, remember this is not a high dynamic servo).it would not impact the torque.

heck you can feed these things the raw pwm signal from mach3 and youll still get a fairly stable performance above 50% rpm. (dont ask why i know that).

heck you can feed these things the raw pwm signal from mach3 and youll still get a fairly stable performance above 50% rpm. (dont ask why i know that).
    Agreed, but they are looking for low rpm torque and I suspect a noisy choppy signal certainly can't be helping matters.
    As a simple test, I'd add a small polarized cap on the drives input(10uf). Simple and nothing permanent. It can't hurt it.

its not just low rpm torque, its ALL rpm. you just notice it most at lower rpms.

Yes, of course.

Hi, I've started a new thread about the spindle adventure here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic...=1#post1862340, its probably in the wrong spot but there is no Skyfire area that I can find.

Another update on the SVM-2 ATC, will start a thread when there is a Skyfire CNC section. Some actual tool changes, not winning any prizes for speed yet but getting there.

very nice

I am glad every one is have fun with there skyfire mills.
    Over two years i paid $2700 AU for stepper motors, drivers and a spindle.
    In December last year after lots of failed email Defeng finally returned my email with photos of my finished products,saying they were ready to be dispatched.
    So here i am, 5 months later still no parts and yes, no surprise, Defeng is not returning my emails.

Greg

Defeng is not returning my emails.
    but............He is VERY busy guy. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory B View Post
    In December last year after lots of failed email Defeng finally returned my email with photos of my finished products,saying they were ready to be dispatched.
    So here i am, 5 months later still no parts and yes, no surprise, Defeng is not returning my emails.

Greg
    Hi, when you decide to go offshore you need to be patient....... there must have been a good reason to want to go direct to a Chinese manufacturer or supplier........if the goods were just off the shelf items why didn't you go on EBAY or Ali Baba and source your requirements?

I get cutters, ballscrews, stepper motors, tooling and other items at a 10 day shipping from EBAY......and local supplies are today or 1-2 day delivery.
    Ian.

same happened to me so at least i get a good show for my money ,..

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory B View Post

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    Hi, when you decide to go offshore you need to be patient....... there must have been a good reason to want to go direct to a Chinese manufacturer or supplier........if the goods were just off the shelf items why didn't you go on EBAY or Ali Baba and source your requirements?

I get cutters, ballscrews, stepper motors, tooling and other items at a 10 day shipping from EBAY......and local supplies are today or 1-2 day delivery.
    Ian.
    How far up defengs arse are you?
    To try and defend his business practise are some what comical and sad really,
    I've never known anything like it.

It shouldn't matter where you order something from the service shouldn't be any different.

Maybe he should try catching up with his old orders before taking more on?
    Though I'm assuming they may have been forgotten about.

gary you are so right in my case it as to also suport dfeng so i expeczed to get the spindle from him for my retrofit project i could have gotten it somewhere else but only thing i can do now is to remind in this thread and see what ge does to his profit with my money at kickstarter i would at least get some reward ....

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

at kickstarter i would at least get some reward ....
    Finally, someone has seen the light. This is exactly what happened here, a kickstarter project, but done differently and through different channels with free advertisement, each and everytime someone mentions how great 'his' machine is. It's an F*** n Mikini, with upgraded electronics and sheet metal. That's all. It was probably the reason he was silent for a year. He got in trouble copying a 'Chinese" design. LOL
    I'm sorry, but I can never respect someone like that. It goes against everything I believe in, in terms of business practices. A great designer? Innovative engineer?? My ass. Nothing special here. He took advantage of peoples ignorance and started a company on the back and money of others. You can directly compare the Mikini castings side by side with his SVM series, and they are so similar it's not even funny.
    Typical superior Chinese design.

Hi, when you decide to go offshore you need to be patient
    B.S.

I can't believe you still haven't recieved your spindle. What a shame.

Handle, we're all waiting for an update on your Mag system. It's been more than 10 days now, and I think we've all been very patient. Unless you started a new thread on it and I somehow missed it. Or, maybe you adopted Defengs policy of promise and no delivery.

Ian
    I too buy many items overseas and the longest it has taken for delivery of the products from China, is 3 weeks.
    The main influencing factor and the reason I placed an order with Defeng was the positive comments you were posting. I wrongly thought you had received your machine.
    I have not posted anything negative and have been patient, as it did take two years for you to receive your mill.
    I think waiting for over two years for my order makes me very patient and i am offended that you should suggest other wise.
    I will be happy to reply to other people but i will not respond to you.
    Cheers Greg

Whatever, Greg....whatever.....I have my mill and love it, so if you want one.....I assume you are in the wanting list?.......just be patient and stand in line like the others.....no queue jumpers allowed here.

On the subject of the mag draw bar........received the magnets and am in the process of building with them, no sense in a boring blow by blow build that is so self explanatory words are not needed......unless you have an SVM-0 the design will be of little interest to you.

When the mag draw bar is finished and tested I'll post about it.......not till then.
    Ian.

Page 179 of 184 79129169177178179180181